Chapter Fourteen

AN: This chapter is set a couple of weeks after the previous chapter. Just thought I’d mention that save the confusion and it’s the last chapter too. Thank you for reading my first Dan and Phil story! 

“You shouldn’t be moving much.” Dan smiled at him as I tried to get off the sofa.

“I can’t stay here all day. I’ll drive myself insane.” I threw my hand over my head like a drama queen. “Besides, it’s not like we have a crazy lunatic of an ex trying to kill us anymore is it?” I winced slightly, my wounds having not healed properly yet.

“I still think you were stupid for doing that.” Dan came over and wrapped his arms lightly around my waist. “But it was also brave and no matter how stupid it was, I still love you.” He softly kissed me. I smiled.

“Can I tell you something?” I asked as he nodded, “I didn’t think I was going to make it out of there alive. I-I.” I gulped looking at him. “I didn’t think I was going to see you again and that upset me more than anything.”

Dan pulled me closer to his chest and didn’t say anything. There was nothing more that needed to be said. It turned out that Kyle was in too much shock to run away from the police after he stabbed me. PJ went and got Phil as Dan asked because we all weren’t sure how long I had left. Phil had blamed himself for everything that had happened but it wasn’t his fault. It was nobodies fault. I couldn’t remember anything from the journey too the hospital. The only thing I could remember was waking up a couple of days after it had happened.

Dan and Phil had never once left my side. They were scared that if they left I would have passed away without them knowing. The doctors said that my wounds would heal in a couple of weeks but there was always the chance that the wounds would leave a permanent scar just above my belly button. It had been a couple of weeks since it had all happened and I’m still trying to adjust to it all.

“I’m just glad I get to spend more time with my danosaur.” I smiled at him.

“And what about me?” Phil limped into the lounge area pouting slightly. “Can’t have forgotten about me already.” I looked at my brother and laughed.

“Why would I forget about you?” I smiled moving out of Dan’s arms and into my brothers. “Seriously. You are the best brother anyone could have asked for Phil.”

“Melly…” Phil hugged me back, “No more crazy ex’s from now on okay?” I pulled away.

“I’m not going to break up with Dan.” I said firmly looking at Dan with a smile on my face. “I think I’ve found who I’ve been looking for.” I smiled more.

“Really?” Phil asked with a smile on his face, “You want a dork like me?” He laughed.

I looked over to my laughing brother and nodded before looking back over to Dan, “I think I’ve known since the day we first met. I was just too scared of commitment. I was scared of a lot of things but I know I’m right about this.” I reached out for Dan’s hand. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you Dan Howell.”

Dan smiled, “Good. Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you Amelia Lester.” I blushed.

“No more crazy people trying to kill me.” I looked down, “Maybe your fans but I can live with that.” I laughed. “I don’t care about the fan girls. I don’t care that most of your subscribers are girls that find you attractive. You’re mine and that’s all that matters.” I smiled kissing him.

“I’m just glad everything is okay.” Dan said quietly after Phil left the room.

“It’s far from okay Dan.” I looked up at him, “It’s perfect.”