Chapter Eleven

Looking at the clock in the lounge, I started wondering where the hell my brother actually was. “I’m going to try him again.” I said to Dan as I went to grab my phone. “I know I haven’t lived with him for a while but this doesn’t feel right at all.” I looked at Dan as I dialled Phil’s number into my phone.

“Hi you’ve reached Phil. I’m not able to come to the phone at the moment so leave a message after the rawr… Rawr.” I sighed hanging up.

“This isn’t like Phil.” Dan said as I phoned him again.

“He always answers to me.” I looked up at him, “Try Chris and PJ.” I hung up again and dialled him again. My vision started to cloud, “What if something has happened to him?”

Dan wrapped his arms around me, “Don’t think like that Amelia.” I sighed leaning into his chest. “I’m going to phone Chris and PJ now.” He kissed my head, “Just keep trying.”

I nodded as Dan left the room to grab his phone. I closed my eyes, praying to God that Phil would pick up his phone or at least he was with Chris or PJ. I could hear Dan’s mumbles as he spoke on the phone. I sat down on the sofa, phoning my brother again. “For the love of God Phil.”

I gasped as his phone didn’t go to his voicemail. Instead I could just hear heavy breathing. “Phil? Phil is that you?” I asked sitting on the edge of the sofa, “Phil answer me you’re scaring me.”

“Scaring you is what I like to do.” His voice sent chills down my spine.

“W-what have you done to Phil?” I asked Kyle, trying my best to keep calm.

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” He laughed as I heard the muffled sounds of my brother in the background, “Shut up!” I heard skin on skin contact. I gasped putting my hand to my mouth trying to fight back the tears. Phil was in danger because of me.

“Leave him alone…” I said through my tears, “W-what do you want Kyle?”

“You know what I want Amelia.” I shivered looking down, “I’ll send you our location. You better come alone otherwise Philip here isn’t going to be too good.” He hung up.

I wiped my eyes as Dan walked into the room, “PJ said he left his about half an hour ago. You know what your brother is like. He’ll make you worry about nothing.” I looked at Dan and smiled.

“I need to go out for some fresh air.” I said quietly standing up.

“Okay I’ll come with you.” I looked at him as he stood up with me.

“No… It’s okay. I’ll be fine. I might bump into Phil.” I tried to smile. I stood on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on Dan’s lips for what I feared might have been the last time. “I love you. You know that right?”

“Of course I do.” He smiled. “I love you too. Take your phone with you.”

“I will.” I nodded grabbing my phone looking at it seeing the text that Kyle had said he was going to send. I gulped as I left the lounge before going into Dan’s room to leave a note for him.

Dear Dan.

I know you said you wanted to protect me. You both said that you wanted to protect me but sometimes you shouldn’t make promises you can’t keep. Kyle has Phil at this location. By the time you see this, Kyle might have already done what he wants to do with me so there probably won’t be any hope for me. If you end up going there, get Phil away. Please.

I love you so much my tall Danosaur.

Always.

Amelia xxx

I left the note on the bed before running out of the apartment to rescue my brother.