¤ Chapter 11 ¤ guess what else is on fire?

At least the weird feeling to get out of that house paid off. Åland, Viro and I ha not even a scratch on us. Imagine I wished this wasn't true. It can't be, can it? I was just walking and now this. Åland and Viro weren't back yet. I was afraid of Viro's reaction.

You guess what happened?

.

Robbery? No

.

Vandalism? No

.

Earthquake? No

.

Floods? No

.

The house was on FIRE. And when I said the house- I meant THE WHOLE HOUSE. Everything. I quickly called the rescue but when they arrived and the flames were gone the house- not even a stick was left. When the smoke was gone and also the rescue left I saw a figure in the middle of the ruins. They walked in my direction.

It was Sweden. Holding a lighter. He played with it, tossing it hand-to-hand.

"Hey, do me a favour and don't tell anyone. But I came to warn you. Do you see this house?"

"Yes, I was Estonia's house you moron. Where's are going to live now?"

"You really think she lacks options? My place is open for her anytime."

"I won't let you into your filthy sadist home."

"Do me a favour and stay out of my way."

He started to walk on the side road, some meters away from me he stopped.

"I don't want to lose you. BROTHER."

And he was gone. When I turned around I saw Åland and Viro. Viro looked casual while Åland face looked like she's seen a ghost. She was absolutely horrified and terrified, then Viro asked that one innocent question that made Åland jump.

"Why so quiet Ålayy, is something wrong?"

Oh yeah I forgot that she's blind-. As I looked at Åland I quickly understood that Åland was thinking the same thing. She was obviously panicking.

"Stay here Esty, I just saw Finland, I'll go talk to him a little while you can sit down, ok?"

"Sure Ålay, but where in front of my house-?"
Without a word Åland blasted beside me definitely going (or already is) out of her mind and then fire questions at me.

"What happened?"

The house burnt down

"Did you-of course not-you can cook. Who did this?"

No! I didn't, Sweden did.

"Did you call the rescue?"

Yes.

"When did they arrived-was anybody in the house? What Viro will do? Where's Susi? Wait, she's with us. Did really nothing-everything gone? Is this hologram? Is it a joke? Does she have an insurance?"
They arrived late, the whole thing is gone, and it's not a joke. I have a summer home where she can live until then. I'm sure Sweden has no idea where it is. We need a secure place for her, not does only her life depend on us-mine does too. I won't be able to live with the knowledge that she's dead because I wasn't able to protect her from my own brother. I know him better than you do and that is a lot. We-i I, we. We need to figure out how to tell her this without her freaking out or breaking down. Her life is hard enough, I don't want her life to be a living hell!

"Do you think I'll live with that knowledge? I'll live as long as you or her will, no in better. And when that-we can't tell her! I know she deserves the truth but once you're Damm right. Her life is sad enough. Let's like- um that wee- are going camping in your summer house or cabin in the mountains! Please just lie-just this once!"
I can't stand the thought of lying, even if I used to lie all the time when I was a little kid. But Åland you're right. It will only help if we pretend and later when we get back we can pretend it happened, then she won't leave always because she already has been to my summer home and hopefully enjoyed it. How about that Åland?

"I agree with the first part- the second. Well argue about that later. I'll go tell her- you call grandpa to get us. Also tell him to meet some streets away from the house. He won't hesitate to tell her and we can't promise ourselves that. Got it? Or, did I talk too fast again?"

No, no I got it. Before you go tell me what did you buy? I hope something for her, she has nothing right now.

"Remember the strangest feeling when we left her house right?"

Yes, yes I do. It was creepy.

"I had a familiar feeling in the shop so I bought her clothes and hygiene stuff with out her knowing but that's all."

Well I got everything else In need back in my summer home so it should be good.

"Well I'll go deal with Esty you call grandpa remember?"

Yea. And like lightning she was back at her old place beside Viro. I got my phone to call 'grandpa' or acculy Scandinavia.

*Later*

"Okay she doesn't suspect anything, you did the call?"

Yes, he'll arrive in 10 minutes. Until then, think what you are gonna need from home because he's gonna drop us by our home, not grandpas home and we'll go there with our car. I have no idea when we can return to town.

"No need to worry, I already have my list in my head- fast thinking is one of the perks of my power."

Good. We have limited time until Sweden notices were gone. I'm sure he's tracking her. He's already passed me the warning, so we know...

"Know what? What dad tell me-"

The car pulled into the sideway. It was Sweden not Scandinavia. How did he-?

"Hey börks, I heard you need a ride. I asked Scandinavia if I could do the job for him because I just happened to be in grandpa's house while you made the phone call."

Him? How did he end up here?
Did he do this on purpose? I looked at Åland again. I swear- we are turning into twins again because- AGAIN I could tell from her face that she was thinking the EXACT same thing I was. Touché. Just. I'm not even French but still. Right when Viro noticed who was giving us a ride.
She was pleased and just started.

Just non-stop talking. It made both of us- me and Åland laugh. Not out loud but loudly inside of our minds. What was the best part- she started talking before even one of us got the chance to even touch Sweden's car. I'm not gonna even talk about or think about getting in the car was definitely unbearable thought. I wanted- and again she ended my train of thought.

"Kas see oled sina Rootsi? Oi kui tore, me pole ammu näinud! Või noh eile õhtul oli viimane kord kui me teineteist nägime aga see ikkagi tundub ju nii kaugele olevat, et noh saad sellele asjale pihta tead-"

("Is that you Sweden? Oh how nice we haven't seen in a long time! Or well, last night was the last time we saw each other, but it still seems so far away that you know,")

I hope that annoys enough so Sweden would leave but nope- he looked satisfied that she was talking. It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that her voice is smoothing as a Melody and clear as glass. I know Åland thinks the same but right now I really need that Sweden would have other feeling about her.

"What if-?"

(Updated chapter, the final chapter: total word count 1227)