¤ Chapter 10 ¤ ice on fire!

When I arrived at the old house, my old memories flew back I front of my eyes, as I it were yesterday.

So beautiful clear as crystal.

It looked abandoned, but when I stepped inside the rink looked like brand new. There was no one by the register so I took my size of skates and left the money on the counter. At that point I didn't even care if the rink was closed or not or not, I just wanted to skate here- even if it would be my last time. When i finally had my skates on i walked out of the door to the ice rink/stadium. It seemed that someone was already present, so I just looked at their skating technique or program trying to understand it. They were wearing some kind of party clothing that skaters wear in tournaments, instead of the usual training clothes. Whatever that person rhythm was it was so free and careless. As if the country would've got it's independence just yesterday. They looked happy...

Until the music took dramatic turn and the skater was suddenly so fearless yet still free. When the music ended they skated off the rink to their phone to pick the next song.

I saw the skater closer now. They were a he. As he switched the music I entered the rink as quietly as I could. He accidentally put on a song as he cursed quietly I noticed the song by the first notes.

It was one of my favorites.

I remembered one program I wanted to do with my trainer, but he never was supportive of my ideas. It did have a double-quadruple flip in it with a landing on one feet and then spin witch was super difficult but I'm always open for challenges. As the music flew into my heart I begin with the first steps what I remembered from this program. First jump was double flip, I made myself to challenge to be better than that and i tried triple flip. It was great,
I landed well. I had a lot to catch up on, since last training day was so far away I was not as good as in my younger days.

It was like a punch in the face to acknowledge that, but it was no one else's fault then mine. I noticed that he hasn't stopped the music so he might he have noticed me.
I had a strange urge to impress him so in the end I did a one day and one quadruple flip. He looked amazed. But my ego was bigger than his amazement. I did a double-quadruple flip and landed perfectly while I added the spin in the end. My talent was still present, I'm glad to know that. I didn't want to end there, but my legs were getting soft so I slowed down my speed, eventually stopping, with the last little spin, and I was back at the ice rink entrance, when I heard a high-pitched male voice, sounding exited, chimed in.

"That was amazing sir! I have never done any Quadruple flips, not gonna even mention the double ones, it looked even better than on tv, when the champion Helsinki did it! But, where are you from thought? I've never seen you around here before, did you just moved to this neighborhood?"
Now that was a lot of energy, coming from someone, who is talking to a complete stranger, who is taller than them and also looks intimidating. That, didn't seem to bother him even a little bit for some reason, so I thought I might as well keep this little conversation alive, until I have the strength to socialize.

"No, no, I'm just visiting a friend."

"A friend huh? It would be an-wait. You are Finland- Finland Helsinki! The famous skater who won gold in the world Grand Prix final season! I can't believe you're really here, I've heard rumors that this here was your childhood favourite skating place! I'm sorry I'm hyped up, I just never guessed..."
I'm glad to hear, that I still have admirers and fans, even if I already moved on to hokey and stopped skating, quitting for good, or did i?

"Well then you know that I quit a long time ago"
Indeed it was. I really don't even remember when I quit, all I know is that I did it before I even got to the real adulthood, I think...