2.06

A lot weighed upon Camille's mind leading up to the first Quidditch Game of the School Year

A lot weighed upon Camille's mind leading up to the first Quidditch Game of the School Year. There had been an incident that scared all recently; the bloodied message stating: THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE. Mr Filch's cat had been petrified and hung beside the sign. Draco had taunted Hermione over her being the enemy of the heir, as the Muggle-born student she was. He'd only said that because Camille hadn't been there to see it happen, in fact she was with Daphne Greengrass in the Common Room, hanging up Halloween Decorations. She soon learned about it, of course, for it was all the entire school would talk about for many days leading the incident. 

The recent Transfiguration class was the only time she'd ever enjoyed it, mostly because they talked less about Transfiguration and more about the Chamber of Secrets. It recapped the four founding figures of Hogwarts, but especially Salazar Slytherin. According to the story, Salazar had built a hidden chamber within Hogwarts and only the heir could open it to unleash havoc from within. A hidden chamber didn't sound anything knew to Camille for there were loads of them surrounding the Castle. But one with horror within, that indeed frightened her. The only thing helping her to stay calm was the fact that only the heir could open it. Camille knew by the look on Ron's face that he suspected Draco. The girl herself, however, wasn't so sure. 

Camille smiled, pushing the terror out of her mind as she focused on funny and happy moments, one being of Draco's hand stuck in the Mandrake's mouth, another being Brooklyn's white cat throwing up all over his robes prior to early morning class. For now, she had to focus on the biggest match of Hogwarts; the Gryffindors v.s the Slytherins.

With two plaits beginning just behind her ears, Camille headed out to the rest of her Quidditch Team. Gryffindor's maroon player's tent was on the opposite side to that of Slytherin's emerald green one, as to be expected. She opened the curtains on the tent, entering alongside Adrian Pucey who rattled off the same tactics they'd done last year. The must've been the last ones to enter, as the rest of the team turned to look at them. Professor Snape stood with arms crossed, as per usual, whilst Marcus Flint clapped for the two entering. "Finally, I've got some new ideas."

Lucius Malfoy stood beside Professor Snape, ready to watch his son play his first game. The boy was lucky when he didn't even know it. How Camille wished to have her own father watch her games when she wasn't up against her brother. Camille slotted in amongst the team members looking down at the roughest diagram she'd ever seen, hand-drawn by Flint himself. If it wasn't for him explaining what each scribble was, she'd be lost in an instance. 

The game begun with a great triumph of a crowd roar, both teams darting around one another passing the Quaffle around. Adrian had gained possession of the ball, zooming passed Angelina Johnson before punching it into Oliver Wood's chest - a straight miss for Slytherin. As Gryffindor gained hold of the ball, Marcus managed to shove the ball from their hands, tossing it Camille's way. She zoomed passed Harry who hovered in the air, watching as Pucey tackled a Gryffindor out of her way allowing her to shoot a goal.

     "Another goal for Slytherin!" Lee Jordan announced, unhinged at the very words he'd spoken. Slytherins were now 90 points against Gryffindor's 30.

Draco found himself next to Harry, doing what he does best - taunting the boy. "Alright there Scarhead?"

Camille was in possession of the ball, giant figures swarming around her as she was easily the smallest player of the lot. She tossed it over to Marcus Flint, who in turn passed to Adrian, near missing a bludger. 

Camille found herself beside Draco, who hovered near the stand in which his father and Snape sat in. The boy was smiling, watching as Harry flew away from a bludger. The girl turned to him. "Found the Snitch yet?"

     "I'm convinced it's not even here." Draco said back to her, his eyes widening by the minute.

Until....

Whack! A rogue bludger slammed hard against Camille's broom, throwing her off. She almost fell before Draco's hand clamped onto hers, her body dangling from his hold. Her own broomstick fell to the ground, many metres below her. She looked down at the big drop, gasping as she looked back at Draco with frightened eyes. He wore determination on his face. Determination to not let her go. To not let her fall.

     "Accio Broomstick." Snape casted, down at the girl's broomstick, as he stood up against the railing with Lucius Malfoy.

Miles Bletchley hovered underneath the girl, levelling himself to a steady angle. "I've got her, Draco. Let her go, I'll catch her."

Draco scrunched his nose at the boy as Camille gaped at him. "No, don't let me go. I'll fall."

     "Miles is right there." Draco pointed with his head. Miles now had one hand scooping up her legs, the other waiting to catch her back. "He'll catch you and if he doesn't I'll catch you again."

Camille fought a tear from her eye and as Draco set aside his pride, he let her go. Miles did indeed catch her and Draco retrieved her broomstick from Professor Snape. Together, the boys helped her back onto the unbroken broomstick, looking around to see Flint and Pucey score another goal.

The game had resumed, Draco now on pursuit alongside Harry for the Golden Snitch. The Quaffle continued to pass between Gryffindor and Slytherin, Camille going back and forth the pitch until she spotted Draco. He'd tumbled onto the ground, his broomstick behind him. He clutched his stomach, gasping for air. She forgot the game, heading over to him to help him like he'd helped her. Just as she landed beside him, Lee announced that Harry had caught the Snitch. For some reason, the girl was unsurprised at that. 

The hospital wing following the game was flooded with people. Harry lay in one bed with a crowd of friends and team-members beside him, whilst Draco lay in another with a few friends and team-members beside him. His father stood at the door frame, pursed lips and crossed arms. 

Camille knew it was Lucius at the door frame as she walked from behind him. His long platinum blonde hair stood out like a swan on a lake at moonlight. The same shining colour that his son wore. She tried the sneak passed him, wanting to avoid conversation when he spotted her. 

     "A nasty game, that one." Lucius said, his usual slow tone.

She turned, looking at him like a phantom of the hallways. "Quite so." 

     "I didn't see Amos today," Lucius began, glancing over at his groaning son. "Hid away in the Hufflepuff stands did he?"

Camille stared at him for a moment. She didn't know if he was rubbing it in her face or sincerely didn't know her father hadn't turned up. That he never turns up. "He doesn't watch my games."

She didn't wait for his response only turning back around, walking to Cedric as he stood beside the Weasley twin's over Harry's bed. Lucius narrowed his eyes and with a final glance of his son, he left the Hospital Wing.

--------

another day, another chapter. though probably not all the time since im lazyyyyyy. 

so what'll ya'll think about the recent Wattpad hacking incident *nervous laugh*