1.13

❦❦

When Camille came into Slytherin Common Room expecting everybody cursing at one another at the great loss of the Quidditch Match against Gryffindor that day. Instead, it was completely different. There were green and silver streamers being thrown about and Marcus and his friends were playing Witch Darts using Harry Potter and Oliver Wood's faces as targets.

     "I clearly had underestimated you!" Draco had popped up beside Camille. "Three scores today! If it wasn't for bloody Harry Potter and his theatrical performance with the Snitch and that, we would've annihilated them."

Draco Malfoy wasn't the only one to compliment the girl's game play that night either, there was: Terrence Higgs, Adrian Pucey, Miles Bletchley, Marcus Flint and even Tracey Davis acknowledged Camille.

The next three weeks sped through really quickly, landing on the 30th of November. Camille hadn't told a soul when her birthday was, but clearly Cedric had spread the news somehow. Of course, Pansy could care less and seemed like she tried to make Camille's morning horrible, but the girl was used to her pettiness and wasn't even the slightest bit fazed. 

As Camille entered the lounge of the Common Room, a small group of cheers erupted. Specifically her Quidditch team. There were Slytherin's wishing Camille Diggory a Happy Birthday - she never thought she'd see the day. There, surrounding the coffee table beside the leather couches was a small cake, with quite a few candles on it.

"Happy Birthday, Cami!" Adrian Pucey called, as Camille joined him and the rest of her Quidditch Team.

"Your brother let us know, since you were so quiet about it!" Marcus told Camille.

The girl went to blow her candles, all twelve of them. She enjoyed the company of her Quidditch Team, she enjoyed this little birthday surprise. It almost seemed like Camille Diggory was beginning to enjoy the Slytherin House. The team ate their piece of birthday cake (or pieces if you include Marcus Flint wolfing his down just to get another - since he's a "growing man") and were on their way together to the Great Hall for their Weekend Breakfast. Weekend Breakfasts were usually later than usual, allowing the students to sleep in, but the amount of food never wavered.

Camille sat down at the Slytherin table beside Terrence Higgs who was always sweet on her. Draco Malfoy soon came with his pack, planting himself right opposite Camille. He didn't say anything but had a huge grin of his face. Camille simply smiled back at the blonde boy, hoping he wouldn't embarrass her in front of the whole school. But it wasn't Draco who embarrassed her, it was Cedric - and it turned out to be less of an embarrassment and more of something funny.

Her older brother walked over to the Slytherin table, wrapping his arms around Camille's neck from behind.

"Hey everyone, I just want to announce that my little sister is turning twelve today! Don't forget those birthday punches!!!" Cedric laughed and so did Camille.

Draco's face looked like he was in shock for a complete two minutes exactly. By the time Cedric hugged his sister, gave her a birthday present, another from her father, a joined present from his mates and gave her twelve birthday punches before he walked back to Hufflepuff's table gleefully, Draco snapped out of his shock.

"It's your birthday?" The whiny voice of Draco amused Camille.

The girl laughed at him lightly, "Yes, it is!"

Draco straightened his school tie, which wasn't going to look any neater no matter what he did. "Well, then..."

"Happy Birthday Camille."

"Happy birthday, Diggory!"

"Hey, Cami! Happy Birthday!"

Poor Draco Malfoy had been cut off by the numerous happy birthdays the young girl was receiving; from the Weasley Twins, from the Doyle twins and even from students she didn't even know. It was glorious for the young girl, but Draco Malfoy looked annoyed.

Harry, Ron and Hermione hadn't entered the Great Hall yet, in fact there were times they must've skipped breakfast altogether - clearly up to something. After the troll incident, Camille didn't want Slytherin to lose any more points, not especially since Gryffindor had just beaten them in Quidditch. So hanging out in mischief with the trio would have to wait, at least until after exams. However, a simple happy birthday wouldn't be asking too much from all three - would it?

Camille had finished breakfast and was on her way to her own bedroom for another lazy weekend at Hogwarts. When she opened her dorm room, somebody was in there. Not Pansy, but Draco and Terrence Higgs - and they were...arguing.

"Cami!" Terrence quickly said, whilst Draco yanked the streamers out of his hand.

"Surprise?" Draco tried to sound positive but it came out more as a question.

Camille closed the door behind her and laughed lightly. "Wow, did you guys do this?"

Her room was decorated with green and yellow balloons, a small cake with candles lay on top of her end-bed trunk whilst Terrence Higgs held a bouquet of flowers, and Draco Malfoy waved the streamers whilst death glaring the boy next to him.

"I DID!" Both boys announced, each exchanging looks.

"Mostly, me!" Terrence said after, walking toward Camille with the flowers in hand. "Happy birthday!"

Camille took the flowers, yellow roses - fresh and real. "Thankyou."

Camille never received such attention before other than that of her own family, or the occasional prank by the Weasley twin's who visited Cedric every weekend.

"Oh, what? You're in love with her?" Draco bitterly spat, throwing the streamers at him and walking closer to Camille than Terrence stood.

Terrence's face went bright pink. He looked to Camille who was giving a funny look at Draco for his absurd comment.

"He's just being polite, Draco!" Camille shook her head.

Draco turned to Higgs. "Polite?! Ridiculous."

"Well, why are you here then?" Terrence asked back, almost stuttering on his words.

Both boys went quiet, then looked to Camille who was amusingly watching as she sat on her bed.

"Please, don't let me interrupt you two!" Camille chuckled, beginning to unwrap her birthday present from her brother.

"Haven't you wished her a 'happy birthday' enough today already?" Draco muttered to the older boy before going over to see what the present was.

Camille hadn't noticed whilst she was opening her presents, that Terrence Higgs had left her room. Draco had suddenly 'won' in his mind. Little did anyone know, Terrence Higgs had found himself having a major liking toward the new Slytherin girl - which wasn't uncommon for everybody. The Diggory siblings attracted almost everybody. Especially Cedric Diggory. Draco Malfoy didn't know it either, but he too had developed a few feelings toward his friend, but he had more trouble identifying what those feelings meant. The boy didn't really know anybody other than Crabbe and Goyle, minus the annoying girl - Pansy. Camille Diggory, well, she was different. She was calm and sweet most definitely unlike him. Draco was thrilled in the fact that she was a Slytherin and not snapped up by any other house, he knew befriending her would've been a million times harder if that was the case.

❦❦