1.14

❦❦

Precisely three weeks had gone by since Camille had turned twelve years old and Christmas was not too far away.  Both her and her brother had decided that they'd come home and spend the Christmas holidays with their father, who would've been alone. The girl watched as the weeks rolled by, more snow piling up over the grounds of Hogwarts. She never grew tired of the beauty of her school and she knew that she probably never would. The weekend rolled in, only two more days until she'd ride back to London. There, in the Great Hall, was Hagrid setting up a total of twelve Christmas trees around the large room. Professor Flitwick helped over in one corner - using his wand to levitate decorations on the tree. There weren't that many student's in the Great Hall, in fact no one that she particularly considered a 'friend'. Sure, there was Pansy and her 'gang'  down the furthest end of the Hall but other than that there were only some students standing by the House Point Gem Counter in the far corner, debating about who would win.

Camille slipped away before Pansy would notice her, nodding to some older Ravenclaw students who said hello. The girl slowly and quietly wandered back down to the Common Room, minding her own business until a monotonous voice broke her train of empty thoughts.

"Miss Diggory, it is seemingly unusual for students to be wandering around the grounds this early on a weekend."

Camille looked up, knowing who it was basically by the tone of the voice as well as the trail of black clothes.

"I was looking to see if my friend's were in the Great Hall yet, Professor."

Snape looked down his nose, taking a moment. "I'm sure there's some first year Slytherin's in the Great Hall."

"Like I said, my friend's are not there." Camille replied, her emphasis on the word friend.

He pursed his lips, spinning on his heels as he walked toward the small room which displayed the words 'Professor Snape's Office'.

Camille continued toward the Slytherin Common Room, watching as the surrounding areas were completely deserted. She used the poltergeist of Hogwarts' name, allowing the girl to enter the Common Room. She would never grow tired of the beauty of Slytherin's Common Room, especially with the new decorations of Christmas ornaments. There was soothing classical music playing quietly from the moving paintings hung around whilst there was magical snow, floating down from the ceiling and disappearing before it hit the ground. She stepped toward the coffee table where her fellow Chaser teammate, Adrian, sat.

"Well, if it isn't Cami. How are you on this seasonal week?" Adrian asked, using his finger to spin the stirrer in his cup of hot cocoa.

Camille sweetly smiled, "Wonderful."

Camille hadn't really seen anyone that day other than Adrian and the rest of his third-year friends. She didn't mind his company, he reminded her much of her brother. Other than that, she only saw Pansy Parkinson before the lights went out that Saturday evening, who smirked at her like she had something planned up ahead for the girl. That would only mean trouble.

The next day was the last full day at Hogwarts and that meant there'd be the Great Hall Christmas Feast. It was the last full day to spend with any friends who weren't going home for the Christmas break, a time to get addresses to send letters to over the break. Camille felt excited waking up that Sunday morning. Truthfully, it was nearly eleven o'clock in the morning, Camille Diggory enjoyed sleeping in on the weekends.

She bypassed every student and headed her way to the Great Hall to meet up with her friend's for a nice breakfast. To her luck, the Gryffindor trio were already there. With a huge beaming smile, Camille skipped her way toward them, seating herself opposite Harry and Hermione and beside Ron. The food were plentiful and rich, she couldn't wait to dig in and take a bite out of some honey topped pancakes.