Chapter 4 (Part 1) - Dreaming of You

Life is a song. Love is the music.

Anonymous

"Missing you so much, Lovey...can't wait to be with you again."

"I miss you, too, Hon...okay, bye for now," Raffie smiled as Vince's face filled the screen of her iPad to give her a cyber hug and kiss.

She did the same, but was rather startled when the door of her bathroom suddenly opened. She turned and saw Louie standing by the door, giving her a kind of bored look while wiping her hair with a towel. "O, ba't ganyan ka makatingin sa'kin?"

"PBB teens kase kayo!" Louie quipped as she sat in front the dresser and then grinned at Raffie's questioning look. She woke up that morning and found her best friend already talking to Vince and now that she had already finished taking a bath she could not believe that Raffie was still in front her iPad.

"PBB what? What do you mean?"

Louie laughed, suddenly realizing that her friend couldn't understand the Philippine TV trend these past few months due to the reality show. "Never mind," she said. "Pagka in-love pala, di lang nagiging corny, nagiging effusive din...so eto na lang, pakinggan mo kase ganito ka kagabi..."

Then she started singing her own version of the song Dreaming of You, using her hairbrush as a microphone.

Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you

And I wish on a star

That somewhere you are thinking of me too

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight

'Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world

I'd rather be

Than here in my room

Dreaming about you and me...

Raffie threw a pillow at her best friend who was now laughing even loudly. "Dinadaan mo nanaman ako sa kanta, eh! Alam mo, ikaw, dapat kase magpakatotoo ka sa feelings mo para maka-relate ka! Masyado ka kase secretive sa feelings mo...aminin mo na kase. Pa-BBF-BBF pa kayo dyan, obvious naman kayong dalawa. Eh theme song mo yata yan, eh!" she told Louie.

It has been a week since she arrived in the country and within such a short period of time she has been keenly observing her best friend and Harvey whose closeness was quite intriguing.

Louie rolled her eyes. She slept over at the Legazpi's Friday night after her family was invited there for a thanksgiving dinner because of the successful result of Raffie's application at the College of Music.

"BBF lang talaga kame, Chummy," she said in defense of herself. "Besides, I don't want to make a decision based on my feelings lalo na't ...ah, basta, mahirap na..."

"But as I see it, you're just suppressing your feelings. Eh di ba mahirap din yun?"

"Mas mahirap yung pabigla-bigla lalo na't di pa sure sa nararamdaman," Louie countered.