Chapter 23 - Mr. Right's Wǒ de ài

There's only us, There's only this, Forget regret, Or life is yours to miss, No other road, No other way, No day but today."

- Mimi

"We're here," Quino announced as his car came to a halt infront the Legazpi's house.

"Thanks for driving me home, Quino," Raffie said while removing her seatbelt.

Quino smiled. "Did you enjoy the weekend?"

"Yeah, I guess it has been one of the longest and fun-filled weekends I had so far," Raffie replied with a thoughtful smile. "And you?"

"For me it's the happiest and most memorable one," Quino declared, looking at her with utmost fondness. "Thanks to you, Raffie."

"Do you really have to thank me for that, Quino?"

"Yes, of course," was his quick reply. "Kase this time, hindi mo ako ni-reject...this time, you chose to tell me how you feel. Alam mo bang nasa Thailand pa lang ako, panay na ang prayer ko, thinking si Lord lang talaga ang ally ko para ma-close ko yung big transaction ko sa Siargao?"

Raffie laughed. "Whoa! At ginawa mo talaga akong business transaction, huh? Have I ever known that earlier, I wouldn't have..."

Quino cut her sentence short by planting a gentle kiss on her lips. "I love you so much, Raffie...you're not just a business transaction for me. You are the very music of my life, and the truth is, I can't live without you," he declared, as their fingers intertwined with one another.

Such sentence melted her heart, and she squeezed his hand. "Those are...overwhelming words, Quino...but thanks for looking at me that way."

"Now you're the one thanking me...pwede dagdagan mo rin ng kiss?"

Raffie feigned a frown and then smiled, "Nakakarami ka na, Mr. Chua...eto na lang, oh..." and she pinched Quino's cheeks. "Kanina may jet lag ka pang nalalaman..."

"Gwapong-gwapo ka talaga sa akin, ano, kaya ka nanggigigil?"

"Kanina ko pa gustong gawin yan sa'yo kaso kasama pa natin sila Achi...gigil na gigil talaga ako sa'yo kase nagpapa-obvious ka sa kanila since we returned to join the party."

"Nahihiya ka?"

"No, but...I guess they'd be surprised if..." and her voice trailed off, not knowing how to express her thoughts.

Quino understood what she was trying to say. "Well, they're not. Matagal na nilang alam kung ano yung feelings ko for you. And it's quite obvious they like you so much. That's why there's no reason for me to be so discreet about us."

Raffie blushed as she recalled what happened after they went back from the sea cave.

(Flashback - earlier that afternoon)

"Happy birthday, Achi! Happy birthday, Achi! Happy birthday, happy birthday...happy birthday, Achi!"

The group was singing together as they gathered in a large gazebo by the seaside for a late lunch celebration.

Arranged on the wide table were various kinds of grilled seafoods, lechon de leche, pasta and on the middle was a nicely-arranged fruit centerpiece.

Moira blew the candles on the cake which was especially baked by Kate. "Thanks, guys...akala ko hindi na talaga matutuloy itong celebration natin dahil sa pagka-stranded ninyo. Thanks for making time to be here with me. I love you all," she said with teary eyes.

"I love you, Mommy!" Janna said, hugging and giving her mom a sweet kiss.

"We love you, Achi! You're one of a kind," Raymund said as he and his wife hugged their sister.

"Para masaya ang ating birthday girl kakanta kami ni Raffie habang kumakain kayo," Quino announced, obviously inspired and overjoyed. He took his guitar, led Raffie beside his sister and began to sing "You" by the Carpenters.

You are the one who makes me happy

When everything else turns to grey

Yours is the voice that wakes me mornings

And sends me out into the day

You are the crowd that sits quiet