Chapter 17 (Part 3) - Face the Music

It really hurts when you expected so much more from the person you once loved so much.

“Louie!” Harvey excitedly called out as soon as he saw his BBF at the airport.

With a big smile, Louie ran towards Harvey who hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

“Whoa! Ba’t ang haba na ng bangs mo? Na-miss mo talaga ako, ano?”

“Sobrang-sobra!” Harvey replied as he placed his arms on Louie’s shoulder. As he saw his car that he entrusted to Louie while he was abroad, he said, “Wow! Ang linis ah! Alagang-alaga mo si BumbleBee! Thanks a lot, Louie!”

“O, PDA agad-agad?!” Robert exclaimed as he saw his brother and Louie talking with their faces too close to each other.

“Prof!” Louie grinned as she turned towards Robert with a gleaming face. “Is it just me…o talagang mas naging rosy cheeks ka ngayon? And where are your glasses? Bakit si Harvey na ang naka-glasses ngayon?”

Robert laughed. “I figured it would be better if I try using contacts. Bagay ba? Do you think it would add to my appealing look?” he asked back jokingly. “So, direcho na tayo sa resto?”

“Yeah, yun ang usapan namin nila Raffie at Sir Quino…kaso kanina ko pa tina-try i-contact si BFF, eh busy yung linya. Teka, try ko muna ulet para sabihin na papunta na tayo.”

She then took her phone and tried to call Raffie. After a few seconds, she frowned and went on, “Ngayon hindi naman ma-reach. Naka-off ata phone nya, eh…teka, try ko na lng siguro si Sir Quino.”

“Huwag na, Louie,” Robert immediately said. “Ganito na lang…try natin, baka nasa Forte pa ngayon si Raffie, isu-surprise ko sya.”

“Kuya, baka magka-salisihan lang tayo,” Harvey objected. “Tapos baka ma-late tayo sa reservation dun sa resto, buffet pa naman yun.”

Louie chuckled. “Maaga pa naman!” she told Harvey. Then she whispered to him, “Hayaan mo na si Prof. Excited na syang makita si Raffie, eh…di ka ba nakaka-relate, huh? Ipapa-cancel ko na lang yung reservation sa buffet, tapos sa Chinese resto na lang tayo mag-dinner, yung mas malapit sa Forte.”

Harvey scratched his head and said, “Fine. Tara na, traffic pa naman ngayon.”

Robert flashed a warm and thankful smile at his brother for understanding him. Although he only stayed in Australia for a couple of weeks, he felt as if it had been ages since he left the Philippines.

He was very busy attending to his father’s condition and business, but every second Raffie was in his thoughts. He only talked to her twice during that period of being away from her, because he wanted to weigh up whether his feelings for her would fade away or become deeper.

But he seemed to miss Raffie all the more, and he couldn’t help but be excited to see her again. This time, he decided to tell her how much he wanted to know her more, how much he wanted to spend time with her.

This time, he didn’t care whether she is in a relationship. And he dared not to care whether Quino was also into her.

May the best man win.

***********************

“Whoa! Looks like the Boss is here, too,” Louie remarked as he saw Quino’s old Mirage parked in front the music school building, just beside Raffie’s car.