11. Short Freedom

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine." She assured.

"You broke your throat from screaming. Do you think that's fine? Did they experimented while you're awake?!" She asked enraged. Y/n was surprised by how she knew, but probably, her standing as a doctor gave her a clue.

"I won't die." She stated quietly. She always wanted to die everytime they inject something on her. "They just need to... find something." Something that can give her permanent scar or kill her.

"They were tormenting you?! Who?! The one in the laboratory?" Midoriya who's been in the corner phased towards her. Holding her shoulders tightly with wide eyes. "Y/n, why didn't you tell us about this?!" He asked, his tone hanging in desperation.

"What for? I don't want to worry everyone as it is." She looked away. "Just keep it between us. I don't have a choice as well." She told him.

"What do you mean? Why?" Tears began to pour out of his eyes.

She pulled him into an embrace. "My story wasn't finished yet..." she said softly. "I have to betray them.." she stated.

Midoriya flinched when she explained that. "I showed them my regenerative ability and purposely let them believe that it was all my doing and caused a large chase through the entire wall rose. Everyone, the military police, the garrison, the scouts, my friends... my brother. They chased me all over the place. My last fight had to be with my brother, dubbed as the humanity's strongest soldier." She paused for a while at the sudden gush of memory.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I didn't know." Midoriya cried.

"You see. I'm a fugitive. And neither I'm in my world or here, I'm still subjected to the same fate." She explained.

"No! You're not! You're a hero, Y/n! Nobody could take that away from you. Please. Please don't get yourself hurt anymore!" He cried, hugging her even tighter while she burried her face into his chest.

She ruffled his messy hair with a smile hidden under her. "You're very kind. But you shouldn't worry now. Didn't you hear recovery girl? They already filed a complaint. I just had to endure a little." She explained.

"But it still hurts, Y/n! Please."

"You always gets hurt too, y'know." The girl replied teasingly that made the boy blush and turn away from her "All it takes to be a hero, Izuku. We have different worlds, but that doesn't mean we're not experiencing hardships. Just let it be for a while. I'll be out as soon as you know it." She explained.

Letting go of him, she ruffled his hair again as he wiped his tears. "Let's go eat lunch. I missed the food mr. Lunch Rush makes." She told him.

Midoriya nodded. "I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything to help you." He said.

"We're all heroes. Don't let this one eat you up." She stood up and turned to recovery girl. "Thank you."

The lady nodded before they got out of the door phasing side by side. When business students finally saw her, she had another batch of sweets as offering which she gratefully accepted until they were in the cafeteria.

Midoriya's eyes were still swollen, so it made all obvious to everyone that he cried. However, Y/n was nonchalant as usual, so people wondered what's up.

The girl kindly tapped his back and he nodded sadly. Upon getting their meal, they joined their classmate's table and had a nice chat and meal. Midoriya glanced feeling amazed at how she wasn't showing the pain or how could she keep her sanity with all these twisted reality. She doesn't have anyone she can trust yet in this world, her brother became her enemy and tried to kill her, her friends from her previous world as well... it was so soul crushing. Just the thought of her having experience a life like that. He wanted to cry again but stopped himself.

.

.

.

The laboratory was as quiet as it usually had been. However, something changed deliberately.

The doctors' body lay lifeless on the floor. Guards were shot as well with obvious terrified expressions were on their lifeless faces.

Everyone was dead.

"These filthy ones. I want them all cleaned immediately." A man sat on a large swivel chair in a dim room. It was like the moonlight embraced his entirety as he crossed his feet with his gloved hand leaned on the armrest. He was simply a regal silhouette, but his goldeb eyes peeped nocturnally into the darkness, glaring at the sight of filth in front of him.

"Our people will soon come to clean the mess." One of his underling appeared.

He leaned his jaw on the back of his wrist. The beak mask covering the lower half of his face with a light curve. "This place would be a good start to stop the disease." He replied.

"Indeed, Overhaul."