☀︎︎

One week away. In just one week Nico's life would be thrown away. He is moving to the sun kingdom and is marrying princess Kayla, something he did not want to do.

The skull kingdom is one of the three most powerful kingdoms, and the wealthiest. Why did he have to marry into the sun kingdom?

All the kingdoms are ruled by one or two immortal gods, they have their immortal children that help run the kingdoms. And then there's their mortal children, kids they only have to marry eachother, keep the gods happy, and it looks good for the people. Nico's step-mother Persephone picked one of Apollo's many children for him to marry when he was young... before they knew he was gay.

The children of hades are gifted with shadow travel, but their powers only work in the skull kingdom, once he leaves it's near impossible to return. Nico said goodbye to his father and sister before poofing into the shadows and reappearing in the sun kingdom.

"Welcome," said a loud voice behind him.

"Hello. Who are you?" he responded.

"Daren, I heard you're they guy marrying my daughter this week."

Nico went pale, he couldn't get out of this, "yes," he said meekly.

"Would you like me to show you around?"

"No thank you, I'd like to just explore for a bit."

Nico walked along a cobblestone path in a courtyard.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here before." Said another voice.

Nico looked to where the voice came from. A small patch of wild flowers bloomed around a blonde guy who was about a year older than Nico. He was sitting on the grass strumming a lute.

"Oh, hi."

"Who are you?"

"Prince Nico of the skull kingdom. And you are?"

"Prince William of the sun kingdom. So you're the prince marrying my sister, eh."

"Yeah," he said in a monotone voice.

"Something wrong?"

"My parents chose my fiance before I came out, and now I'm kind of stuck."

"The sucks," Will said. "Follow me."

"Huh?"

"Just do it."

The two princes ran through a winding tunnel, each turn became sharper as the hall darkened.

"Where are we going?"

"Here," Will said. Will's hands began to glow showing a huge map of at least 20 kingdoms, "there. The kingdom of eagles. A royal marriage can always be stopped by queen Hera."

"You're saying I should go over there and stop my engagement."

"That's what I would do if I was engaged to a woman."

"Well I'm not like you."

Will grabbed onto Nico's hands, Nico didn't pull away, he actually liked it. He felt the warmth of sunlight on Will's skin and didn't mind the rough calluses all over Will's hands. Will leaned inward and kissed Nico filling Nico with a new undesirable feeling.

"Okay, I'll go to the kingdom of eagles. But you are coming with me."