Like Father, Like Children

"Tanya?" I open my closed eyes and look up at the man that I have fallen so madly in love with.

"Damon? I'm so sorry! I did it to protect you! I didn't want you to get hurt! I'm so sorry! I love you!" Words just fly out of my mouth and I find myself not being able to stop. He cuts me off by kissing me in the middle of another apology. I relax into his arms and let my body mold into his. I'm home.

I hear yelling and shuffling coming from outside our room, so I look at Nik to see if he knows what I know. He nods, and stands up.

"I will be right back, my love." I tell Damon. I kiss his cheek, then Niklaus and I make our way to the entry. We don't speed because that will make them run, we want them to fear us as we walk.

As soon as we turn the corner, we look and see some vampires trying to fight someone. We pull the vampires off of the person, and I smile at her.

"Welcome home, Hayley." She smiles at me, and then I look at her arms when I hear a child's laughter. I smile and then turn to see my twin standing hesitantly against the wall. This is the first times he's met her. "Niklaus, come meet your daughter." He hesitantly walks over to us and smiles.

"Hi, dad." A tear falls from his eye and I feel it fall from mine as well. I quickly wipe it away, and smile at the sweet moment. I then hear more people coming our way, so I call the alert of my siblings and Damon. They speed to us, and we all share a look of knowledge.

I hand Hope to Damon, and he walks away caring her sweetly. I watch and make sure they get to safety, then see Davina and Marcellus coming as well.

"Davina, what is it? Are you okay?" She nods and then whispers something. We all watch a shield go up around the room with Damon and Hope, and turn back to each other.

"I know we all have been at each others throats for a while now, but this is my town. If you're parents are bringing some army at us, I'm not gonna let them destroy my home." Marcellus says. My siblings and I share a look with one another, then nod accepting his proposal.

"We fight together. I don't care what we all are, or what has happened in our pasts. Right now we are fighting for this home. If you want to ditch out, go now. The doors open. If you stay, you fight with us." A silence hangs between all of us, but nobody leaves.

Nik and I share a smirk, but it falls short when we hear the footsteps getting closer. We all turn and that's when we see the hundreds of monsters coming our way.