My monster/ my child

"Marcellus?" Pain and fear course through my body as I stare at the young man I thought dead. Even after his betrayal to my family, I still love him as my family. I saved him from his monster of a father and raised him. I loved him as if he was bore from my own body.

"Tanya." He says with a sigh. I go to respond, but I hear a loud gasp from my side. I look over and see Davina has awoken. I vamp speed towards her and search her body for any wounds.

"I'm okay, Tanya!" She tells me. I pull her in to my arms and hug her tight. "I'm so sorry, love. It all happened so fast!" I tell her. She smiles with a light cough and nods.

"Marcel, this is Tanya. Tanya, this is Marcel. He saved me from some witches a couple years ago, and he's been watching after me since.

I spare a look between the two of them. I wonder where he got that from. Pitying the children, hating everyone else. It's never fair to destroy a kid who can't defend themselves. Or anyone who can't defend themselves. Yeah I feed on people, but I don't always kill them. And it's never someone who is defenseless. Kids, elderly, sick people. It's not fair to do that to them.

"This is my friend who I was talking to on the phone earlier." Davina says, bringing me back from all the thoughts of raising Marcellus.

"Davina, we know eachother." I say. She looks between us confused. "I saved Marcellus from his abusive father when he was just a boy. I raised him. Then my father attacked and I thought he died." I say looking directly at her, ignoring any movement Marcellus makes.

"Well I see where he gets it from." She says, and we both laugh. I then help her stand up, and hug her. We exchange goodbyes, then I take my leave.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walk into the bar, sighing as I remember Sophie's death, and see a blonde standing behind the counter. I look to see if any of my siblings are here, but none are. I thank whoever's listening, then walk up towards her. I sit down on a stool and she smiles at me. I do the same.

"Hi. What can I get ya?" She asks. "Could I get a bourbon?" She nods and I thank her. She turns around to make my drink, and then the door opens. I look that way as I feel something deep in my gut. I see Nicklaus staring at me and I groan. He makes his way to me and sits down.

"Hi, Klaus. You're usual?" The girl asks from the other side of the bar. He nods then sits down next to me. The girl brings mine and his drink over and sets them down in front of us. "You two are twins, aren't you? Y'all look just like one another, and you two are sitting the same way." Nicklaus and I laugh and she smiles.

She then takes her leave to serve another customer, and I turn to my brother.

"What are you doing here, Tanya?"