Chapter One

The Nobles

Jade Sato, one of the most beautiful lady's of the village. She's known for her accomplishments and being honored to protect Lady Asami as a personal guard.
However, Lady Asami didn't need any protections. She was fully capable of handling herself, also the sassy attitude of hers kept people away.

"What are you looking at, buzz off!" Asami snarled at the older man as he had bumped into her. "My Lady, I'm sure he didn't mean to." Jade tried to calm her down. "I know! Just he should be more careful, especially since he's walking around, drunk!" She yelled as he tensed up from being caught. "Let one of the Jōnins handle it. Remember, you don't want to get caught starting another fight with a drunk, my Lady." Jade smiled while gesturing for Asami to head back home.

"Isn't that Asami? She use to be so kind, what happened?" A distant voice was heard from afar.

Though it was still loud enough for Jade and Asami to hear. However, her attention was still on the drunken man.

"Psh, I wasn't going to fight him." Asami replied innocently.

Jade frowned, Asami is known to always start fights with drunken people.

"My Lady, Don't you have to speak to your father today?" Jade questioned as they walked down the path where kids were playing with sticks.

"Hmm? I'm sure it's nothing important." Asami shrugged her shoulders back, not really showing any interest of showing up back home anytime soon.

••

"Why the hell were you outside without my permission?! And especially coming home this late?! Don't you remember the last time you were out? When you caused trouble from getting drunk and picking fights?" Asami flinched at her fathers yelling. She really didn't think he'd notice that she was gone. Nor really care, but she should've figured.

He's always having her on lock down ever since her mother's disappearance.

"Father, you can't keep me locked up. I'm not going to disappear like mother did!" Asami flared at him. Unlike her siblings, she wasn't afraid to talk back to her father.
Something she had also picked up from her mother, not being afraid to talk back. "I know I can't, that's why I decided on your marriage."

As much as he loved his daughter, he couldn't stand the chance of loosing her. Especially since now she's a wanted target by anyone.
He no longer can keep an eye on her anymore, so he only had one other option.
Was to give her hand into marriage.

Her eyes widened. "What?! Are you kidding me right now?" Asami glared at her father, shocked by the news he just gave her.

Marriage?!

"You're old enough now." That's what his explanation was, nothing else.
That she was old enough to be married? It seemed more like a punishment she was receiving, or a death sentence. "Is this some kind of sick joke? You marrying me off to some freak? Just because you don't trust me being out alone?!" Asami wasn't going to take it, nor accept anyone's hand into marriage.

"The Hyuga clan is not just some "Freaks." They're very well respected and known for their powers. Which gives our families the chance to create legends." Referring to having children. "And this isn't a punishment."

The Hyuga clan is one of the greatest clans to exist, and have been wanting to join clans together for a long time. So now it was their chance to bring the clans together, by an arranged marriage. Which this also meant double the protection for Asami.

"Father, you can't do this!"

"End of discussion, you'll be leaving tomorrow morning to head to the Hidden Leaf." He stood up while heading towards the door, but before leaving. He looked back at her, "Don't make a fool out of your family in front of the Hyuga Clan. This is our chance to bring two powerful clans together." Was the last thing he said before slamming the door shut.

Asami clenched her fist against the hardwood floor. Her blood boiling, as she couldn't believe any of this.
It's not like she hasn't seen this coming, but this can ruin her life of being a Ninja. Sure, she could still sneak around but...The Hyuga clan is like watch dogs.

"My Lady, are you alright?" It was Jade, she must of been standing outside the room during the entire conversation she had with her father. Asami quickly wiped the forming tears away, as she wanted to look strong.

Standing up as she headed towards the door. Sliding it open, "I have a plan." Was all she said before taking Jades arm and dragging her to her bedroom.

••
Two Days ago

Naruto stood there beside Shikamaru. "You want us to escort a hidden mist noble? I'm sorry if I sound to absurd but, we're both more capable of handling an A-Rank mission." Shikamaru explained. It's the first time anyone has heard Shikamaru complain about a mission.

"This is an A-ranked mission. We're talking about two of the most well known clans from our village and the village hidden in the mist. The Lee Clan and Hyuga Clan are both well respected and have rare abilities that makes them both a target to the world. So anyone will be after the daughter of the Lee Clan. Also, you're the only two available. Neji isn't allowed on any missions as he must await for the daughter's arrival." Tsunadae explained as she set her cup down.

Naruto eyed Shikamaru who sighed. "What a drag." He complained. "So when do we escort her?" Naruto spoke up. "Well, it's best if you start heading out now. It will take a few days to head there and maybe longer on the way back. Assuming you run into any trouble."

Naruto nodded as he formed a large smile. Any mission seemed to make him happy. Which Tsunade was glad to see. Since he was a stubborn boy once, but he had his reasons.

"Alright, anything else we should know before we make our ways?" Shikamaru asked. "I was told the daughter does have an attitude. So be careful what you say around her." Tsunadae smirked at the two. Naruto not one to care to much but would get annoyed. Then there's Shikamaru, he never liked dealing with stubborn women. "Oh great." He mumbled under his breath.

••
Now

"My lady, this is absurd! What if we get caught in this act?" Jade was having a hard time walking in the kimono since she grew up not wearing them. "Trust me, this will work. I just need to find a way to get out of this marriage." She explained. Her hair tied up into a high pony tail, sword dangling at her side.

Jade sighed, "My Lady, how is me faking to be you, going to get you out of this marriage?" She rose a brow, wanting to know how exactly is this plan was going to work.

"I'll think of something, eventually." She really didn't have a plan. But what was there to do? She could run away, but she'll be disowned by her family or called a traitor to her own clan.

Asami bit her lower lip, trying to think of how to make sure this plan doesn't ever unfold.

"Is that the escorts?" Jade pointed out. Snapping Asami out of her thoughts to glance over where Jade was looking.

Two hidden leaf Ninjas were standing in the pathway.
One of them was wearing an orange outfit as the other seemed to be wearing the apparel that's given to Jōnin of the Hidden Leaf.

"You must be Lady Asami?" The blonde smiled as he approached them. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki! And that's Shikamaru Nara." He was still smiling after introducing himself and his partner.

"And.... who are you?" Naruto glanced at Asami, completely almost forgetting she switched roles with Jade.
Naruto was no longer smiling anymore as he was confused, since they were told they would only be escorting Lady Asami.

"Personal protecter." Asami stated. "I don't think she'll be needing you though?" Naruto rose a brow. "Excuse me?" Asami glared at him while snarling. "I'll have you know th-" "ow!"

Asaminwas cut off from insulting Naruto, since Jade had stomped on her foot to shut her up. Eyeing her as Jade showed she was sorry but also not. "Are you okay?" Naruto asked concerned.

"Yes, I'm okay." Asami replied while being irritated.

"Come on, we don't have time to waste here." Shikamaru called out as the three followed him out. Asami glanced at the other male. He seemed very laid back.

Naruto glanced at the two, "don't mind him. He's just grumpy at the moment." Which this has made Jade laugh. Asami being a little shocked Jade knew how to laugh, but apparently not at anything funny....