Chapter Six

Not the best Guard

It's been a week, Asami was starting to get use to living on her own without anyone to control her or even follow her around. She hasn't been in danger either. Besides, she was pretty skilled at ninjitsu.

Asami threw the kunai at the target, only to completely miss it. A frown on forming right away as she really had too much confidence in herself.
She walked over to pick up the kunai, sighing while just staring at it in silence.

She always had practiced alone, just spying on the other guards who were trained by her father. Which also included Jade being trained by him too. Asami would spy on the lessons every night, to observe and try it on her own. Which she was able to learn how to control her chakra and pretty much just all the basics. However, she'll never get to really know if she's good or not. Unless she practices with someone else.

"I hope that was just a bad throw there, and not just you not knowing how to hold a kunai properly." Asami jumped, not realizing someone had been watching her. "Who are you?" She questioned, seeing his long brown hair, and his eyes were a very light purple.

He sort of looked offended that she didn't know who he was. "You don't remember meeting at the village gates with Lady Asami?

That's right! No wonder why his hair looked so familiar to her. "I'm sorry, it's sort of just been a long day. Neji Hyuga, was it?"
He nodded in reply, as he took note that she wasn't very good at paying attention to others around her.
"If you're going to be someone guard, shouldn't you be more aware of the people that come into Lady Asamis life?" Neji lectured the girl, though he didn't really care to much.

"You're probably right." She just laughed it off, while looking around in other directions as she felt awkward. Neji just kept his eyes glued on her. "Lady Asami wanted to bring you to a family party that's being hosted. Though I don't think the rest of the Hyuga clan is to fond upon the idea, but it is what she requested and I do want to respect her wishes. Especially since it appears she really cherishes you as a close friend instead of guard." Neji looked at the sky, wondering what was so special about this guard.

It was clear she was terrible at ninjitsus and probably everything else. She needed lots of more training before she can prove herself to be a trustworthy guard for the Hyuga clan. Though he did sense a strong chakra energy from her. She may be actually very strong, and just doesn't want to show it?

"She really thinks that?" A smile formed on her face, wishing she could just bear hug Jade. "It seems to appear that way, yes." Neji replied.

"Anyways, I'll leave you back to training. Also, maybe find someone to train with. Naruto is always still training, so never be embarrassed." Neji walked away, leaving her by herself as she watched him fade away into the distance.

He knows....doesn't he?

##

The following day, Asami went back to the training area only to see Shikamaru and Ino were there. It appears she was working on a new skill.

"Oh look it's Jade! Are you here to train too?" Ino shouted. Asami felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. This is what Neji was talking about, she was indeed embarrassed about the idea of training with someone. Though she still found it weird he was able to read her clearly.

"Y-yeah." She started to fiddle with her fingers as Ino noticed. "Did you want to train here alone? We can leave. I'm pretty much done here." She offered, which Asami just only nodded her head in reply.

Ino smiled while grabbing her things, then glancing over at Asami who was setting some things down. Ino noticed she looked really timid today. "Hey Shikamaru?" Ino whispered over to him, making him raise a brow. "What?"
"Why don't you stay and train with her."

"Why?" It just sounded like a drag to him.

Ino glared at him, not saying a word. "Fine." He gave in, mainly because he didn't want to argue or try to even give a reason to why he didn't want to train with Jade.

Ino quickly smiled as she clapped her hands together, "Great! I'll leave you to it!" She waved, while walking away from him. Leaving the two alone.

Asami however didn't notice he had stayed behind. She was focusing on her own things.
Shikamaru watched her pull out a few books along with some Kunais. Not understanding the reasoning for the books. Asami picked up the kunai as she got ready to throw it, however....

She wasn't holding it correctly...

Heaving out a long sigh as he walked over towards her. "That's not how you hold a kunai to throw." Shikamaru ended up startling her, as she almost tripped over her own ankle. Which resulted in him reaching out to quickly grab her, stopping her from the fall.

None of this was intended, he just assumed she knew he was still there. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He apologized as she just slowly nodded and pushed away from him. "Yeah whatever. And I don't need lecturing from you." She got into position again to throw.

I'll show him...

"Well?"

"I can't do it when you're staring into my soul!" She yelled at him as he held his hands in the air. "Okay, I'll look away." He turned as he said he would, but he knew she wasn't going to hit the target at all. Even when he wasn't staring at her.

Once she threw the kunai, it ended up landing in the bushes. Asami can feel Shikamaru judging her already. Despite not have seeing the terrible throw.

"Could I just show you how to hold it?" He offered, even though Asami really wanted to deny help from him. However, she was never going to learn from her mistakes unless someone corrects her. "Fine." She huffed, watching him pull out his own kunai.

He begun demonstrating how to hold the kunai in certain positions. Explaining how to throw and attack with one. Then he proceeded to show her how to block as well. Asami took in all the information he gave, and followed his steps as he now tossed the kunai. Getting a clear perfect shot.

"Now you try." He handed her one of his kunais as he also stepped back to watch her.

Asami took a deep breath as she positioned the kunai correctly, getting into a proper throwing position as well.

Please hit this...

She threw the kunai, watching it fly towards the target. "I did it!!" She yelled with excitement, as she looked over at Shikamaru. "It's not a bullseye, but you did indeed hit it." He smiled at her, finding it adorable how excited she was over the whole thing.

Asami pressed her lips into a firm line, wondering if she should ask him about training her from now on. He was very good at teaching, and even explaining things as well. "What's wrong?" He rose a brow, wondering where her smile disappeared to.

"Um, would you be able to train me during my stay here?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers again.
Shikamaru was taken aback from her request, he didn't think someone would want to be trained by him. Nor does he really want to do stuff like that, it would be too much of a drag for him.

"Im not sure Jade.."

"Please, I promise I won't be a headache to you." Figuring people got headaches from her attitude at times.

Shikamaru rubbed the back of his head, trying to think really hard about it. Probably the hardest decision he's ever had to make in his life.
He looked at her, starring into her eyes as he felt himself being pulled in.

Letting out a sigh as he rested his arm down. "Alright, I'll help train you." He agreed to help her.
Which made her very happy that she could finally learn a lot with someone with experience now.
"Thank you." She smiled at him once again.