Chapter Seven

Friendship

Jade sat outside the house as she stared off into the gardens that were nicely planted. It's been a hard two weeks here, especially since sneaking out never happened because of how guarded this place was.

I wonder how Lady Asami is doing....

She only could imagine how much of a hard time she must be having.

##

"You're really nailing all this training down, but it does figure since you're a guard after all." Shikamaru had been training Asami for over a week now, and he's been very impressed on how far she's come. "Does that mean we can compete against each other now?"

"Do you think you're ready for it?" Shikamaru rose a brow, watching her nod in response. "You're pretty confident, I'll give you that." Asami rolled her eyes as she picked up the kunai. "So, when do you want to lose?" She asked, looking over at the male. "In two weeks, since I'll be away for a bit."

"Another mission?"

Shikamaru nodded as he sat down on one of the logs. "Yeah, I'm leaving tonight." Asami walked over towards him, deciding to sit down as well. As they both stared at the trees surrounding them. "Jade, do you perhaps want to go get some ramen together before I leave?" His cheeks dusted with pink, as he truly felt awkward about inviting her. He doesn't usually invite people to eat with him, besides his close friends. Asami smiled at the invite, "That sounds really nice Shikamaru. However, Jad- I mean Lady Asami is having a party I guess in her and Nejis honor of their marriage. And I was invited."

"Then let's go together."

What!?

"D-don't you have a mission to set out on?" She rose a brow in confusion. "I do, but it's not until midnight Jade. Besides, everyone was pretty much invited. I just didn't see the point in going, but since you're going..." he started to rub the back of his neck. "I'll go with you."

Asami felt her cheeks heat up, not even understanding why she felt her heart beating faster when he hasn't even said anything fancy...though maybe she's happy to spend more time with her new friend.

"Alright." She smiled, which he returned.

##

An hour later has passed, which meant the gathering of people all around were coming to the Hyuga clans house. Some were dressed up for the occasion, while others were in their work clothes still that either came back from a mission or were just village guards stopping by just for a little bit.

Jade was outside with Neji beside her, both having to make conversation with everyone. "Lady Asami, you're very beautiful in person. Your parents must be so proud of you." One of the villagers that Jade didn't know the name of their clan, had been going on and on about her beauty.
She felt like all these compliments were just lies, because if they truly were to meet Lady Asami herself....

They would be amazed....

Neji glanced over at Jade to see she was very uncomfortable with all the attention she was receiving. "Lady Asami, do you perhaps want to go inside?" He offered. "It would be rude of me to leave our guest though." Jade also didn't want to leave since she was waiting on Asami to arrive. "It just seems You're very uncomfortable right now. I just want to make sure you're not getting overwhelmed with everything." Neji was so kind hearted, Jade could understand why Asamis father had chosen him to be her future husband. Jade smiled, "Its okay, I promise."

Neji slowly nodded his head, not really agreeing with her choice. However, he couldn't force her to do anything. It was her decision.
He took notice at the people still coming into the front yard of their home, spotting Shikamaru and what seems to be Lady Asamis guard.

"Lady Asami, I think your guard is here." Neji pointed out, as Jade quickly glanced to see Asami.

She seems to be doing well.

Asami looked around for Jade, as she soon spotted her beside Neji. Freezing in place as she now thought maybe it was a bad idea showing up here? What if they find out the truth? Or get suspicious of her and Jade? Shikamaru looked down at the pink hair girl, seeing her in distress. "Is everything alright?"

"J-just nervous.." She mumbled for herself to only hear, but he heard her. Letting out a long sigh as he grabbed her hand into his, completely making his stressed thoughts go away. Her mind was now distracted and focused only on Shikamaru.
Jade had witnessed this from afar, wondering if Lady Asami had happened to fallen in love with the male that escorted them here.

"W-what are you doing?" Asami asked, wanting to know what he was up to. But he just placed his other hand behind his neck. Slightly rubbing it out of embarrassment. "You just seemed as if you were going to panic, so I thought maybe holding your hand would help? Since you do come off as someone who prefers touch over words; in order to be comforted." He explained, which Asami really wanted to say he was wrong. However, he was right. Anytime she was scared, stressed or sad. She would want to be close to someone for comfort, as she enjoyed the warmth that radiants off of others. Especially with people with feels very close to.

"Thank you." Her cheeks were red.

"Let's go greet Lady Asami and Neji." Shikamaru dragged her with him to the couple that stayed in place. Never leaving their post as they were instructed to stand there and greet guest and just to be admired. "Shikamaru, thank you for coming." Neji greeted his friend. "Well, I wasn't planning on coming originally-" Shikamaru was cut up by Asami stepping on his foot. Looking over at her quickly to see she was glaring at him. "Don't be so blunt about it." Shikamaru sighed, seeing she had a point.
He was always very careless about how he spoke with others. Never actually paying any attention to how his tone or choice of words are portrayed by others around him.

Neji chuckled at the pair. "It's quite alright, Shikamaru never means any harm with his words." He defended his friend. Asami frowned while looking over at Jade. She looked so stunning with her kimono on and hair all styled with very light makeup on. "You look pretty." Asami commented, causing Jade to blush.

She was use to Lady Asami giving her compliments all the time, but right now it was different. Mainly because she finds it embarrassing to be dressed all fancy in front of Lady Asami. "Thank you." She smiled while looking over at Neji. "May me and my body guard be excused? I would like to catch up with her." Jade asked as Neji rose a brow. "You don't need my permission to go somewhere Lady Asami." Neji felt weird, he doesn't like people needing to ask him permission about things. It's not like he was a leader or anything.

##

"Lady Asami I don't know if I can handle this any longer! We need to come clean about all of this! I don't want you to get into huge trouble!" Jade was stressing about everything, wondering what they should do because they clearly couldn't keep the act up any longer.

"Things will be fine Jade-"

"No! Nothing will be fine Lady Asami! If you don't say something, then I will!" Jade threaten, which Asami was shocked. She never expected Jade to ever threaten her over anything. "Jade, I really don't want to get married....especially to him."

"That's not my problem! You can deal with it on your own!" Jade got up and headed straight towards the door. "I'm going to tell them, just suck it up Lady Asami and let's end this silly game of yours." Jade said before opening the sliding door and slamming it closed. Leaving Asami inside the room all alone. Tears slowly forming as her sight begun to get blurry.

What just happened?