1

"Miss Gonzales please cancel all my meeting this afternoon. Emergency. You can also go home when you're done," sabi n'ya sa sekretarya n'ya. Nagmamadali niyang tinungo ang elevator pagkatapos sabihin 'yon. Kung sumagot man ito ay hindi na niya narinig dahil sa pagmamadali n'ya.

They were talking about business with his best friend, Anton del Paz when he got a call from his wife's nurse saying that she was rushed to the ER after fainting. 

His wife has an ovarian cancer, stage 4. Nalaman lang nilang mag-asawa ang sakit nito 8 months after their marriage.

Kinasal sila last year February. Celine Uy, his wife. They were arranged marriages, by his father and her father. And he agreed to it since they have a deal with his father that when he reached the age of 27 and still he doesn't have a girl introduced to the family, his father would be the one to look for who's suitable for him. 

At first, they dated for a year than when he reached 28 and Celine was also 28 they got married. He was just 2 months older than her. Hindi naman ito mahirap magustuhan, she's very kind, she's intelligent, she has the trait that was missing from the girls he used to bang. He learned to love her and she learned to love him too, eventually. They live happily for four months. Until...

They were on their 5th month of marriage, when they decided to visit an OB-gyn kasi nagtataka ang asawa niya kung bakit hindi pa ito nabubuntis sa limang buwan nilang pagsasama then the words from the doctor made both of them convulsed in fear.

"I'm sorry to say this Mr. And Mrs. Young but you have ovarian cancer, Mrs. Young," and she showed them the results of the test she conducted for Celine.

"A w-what?" Mahinang sabi ni Celine habang inaabot ang mga resultang binigay ng doctor.

Habang sya ay napatulala nalang habang nakatingin sa asawa na nanginginig na habang binabasa ang resulta.

"And I'm so sorry, there is no big chance that it can be cured since it's Stage 4 ovarian cancer," narinig nya ang malakas na hagulhol ng asawa agad 'din nyang niyapos ito upang pakalmahin.

He can feel his tears starting to form in his eyes. Making his vision blurred. He's sad for his wife, she is so kind, so good...

But why does she has to suffer?

"Bakit wala akong naramdamang masakit sa 'kin, doc? I have no symptoms! M-maybe... maybe y-your test results are not mine, maybe it's from another patient...maybe.. your w-wrong!"

"Shush, Celine. Will go to another doctor okay? We w-will have another test," pagpapagaan niya ng loob nito ngunit parang pinipiga ang puso niya sa mga nagyayari. He can't even convinced himself while saying those words.

"Im so sorry," yun lang ang sabi ng doctor habang paalis sila sa clinic nito.

Baka nga nagkakamali lang ang doctor na iyon. He can't believe it! They were so happy and this fucking news came?! He's so mad right now, mad to himself for not noticing that his wife has a fucking cancer! Mad at the doctor for making them this vulnerable! 

"Celine, we will go to the US to have you check, I don't fucking trust that doctor! And when we find out that she's fucking wrong! I will fucking let her eat those papers and her fucking license!" He said with gritted teeth.

"A-and what if s-she's right?" She asked making him stop for a moment.

"No! She's fucking wrong! I will prove that!"

On the next day, they went to the US and have her checked at the best hospital he knew. Together with his mom and Celine's mom, who also can't believe the news they blurted.