Chapter 1. Sunset Beach

Sunset Beach
-

A small beach hosting a private resort meant for meetings and relaxation for powerful guests staying there. The resort is open to all, while fighting is strictly prohibited by the resort's owner Flore. There is currently a year long waiting list to make a reservation for any person and/or party wishing to stay.

List of infamous previous attendees:
Blackbeard
Donquixote Doflamingo
Sabo
Eustass Kid
"White Hunter" Smoker
Buggy
Perona and/ Mihawk
"Red Haired" Shanks
Along with several marine captains

~~

"I'm giving you double pay today"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. We have a large party coming into port soon, I need to talk with the ship's captain after inviting the guests and leading them here into your hands along with the staff."

"Who all are we expecting?" The young boy asked at the counter. Beyond the two lied a main hall of brilliant decor as the man he spoke to ordered a few maids to go off and prepare the rooms.

The young man ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to fix it back in place. Large parties of guests were uncommon these days in favor of single attendees or small groups.

"No one in particular," he tapped his finger against a pot, causing a faded Iris wilting in it to spring vividly back to life. "But you've seen how demanding large groups can be."

"I have."

"Make sure the room keys are all in good shape," the blonde opened the front doors. "I'll do my best to help out as soon as I can."

With that he left out onto the grand front steps. He brushed his fingers over his unorthodox staff uniform of a dark ombre shirt and ripped jeans and headed out towards the nearby dock.

A wooden trail under the protective shade of palm trees lead out towards the sea, where the boat could be seen readying to pull into port.

He quickened his pace at the sight, and arrived minutes before the party gathered out in front of him.

Before him stood a crowd of well off guests that intended to have a long stay at his resort, and once confident everyone had gotten off the ship he spoke.

"My name is Flore, and thank you for choosing Sunset Resort as the place for your stay," he announced proudly, having said the same line thousands of times over. "If you would follow the path just beyond us to the resort we are ready to get you all checked in immediately. All of your rooms have been prepared in advance along with the accommodations you requested. If there are any issues at all please contact me or the associate at the front desk."

With that he stood to the side as the guests shuffled past him and down the path he had taken just before. Once out of sight he planned to talk to the ship's captain over repairs the man requested of Flore halfway here.

Flore watched as everyone left out of sight, and turned towards the ship he planned to board. Instead he came face to face with an irregularly tall man blocking out most of his view of the ship that layed behind.

"Is something wrong? I could retrieve your luggage for you if you lost it on the ship," Flore offered. The man instead gave him a stern and cold look as his arms glowed a warm orange that emanated immense heat.

"So you're Flore," he said. "I've got orders to do you in."

Flore noticed the man's red and orange cape behind his powerful physique, as well as the odd shaping of his hair.

"You must be Charlotte Oven," Flore confronted the tall man. "I wasn't expecting the child of a Yonko today."

"Heh. Well I'm not hear to soak up the sun," Oven grinned proudly. "Momma wants you gone."

"I think alot of people do," Flore said with an obvious tone. "I haven't heard about Big Mom in a while, but that does remind me," he suddenly remembered.

"Is Katakuri still around? The really tall guy with the unhinged mouth," he explained.

"He's been recovering."

"Recovering? He got injured?" Flore sound surprised. "What happened-"

"I'm not here to talk," Oven's heat intensified more so. "If you want me to talk then you'll have to beat it out of me."

"I don't permit fighting on my island," Flore's words fell on dead ears. Oven was already in the air ready to fall down and smash him into a burnt pancake.

"But I guess... Just this once."

~~

"These are the coordinates," Flore pointed at the map before him and the ship captain. "I want full speed at all times."

He left out after tasking the captain with the right coordinates to sail to, heading towards the main deck to relax under a shady table umbrella.

The ship began setting sail, with Flore resting on deck as a knocked out Oven layed sprawled out over a nearby table.

"I'll need to drop him off somewhere on the way.."