Chapter Seven

(Vid has nothing to do with the story, it's just so fucking adorable ((not a song)))

F O U R  Y E A R  O L D  A S H T O N

Michael came home from work a little earlier today. It was eleven o'clock and he was usually home by one or two in the morning. There weren't many people at the bar today because apparently some person had rented it out, but Michael wasn't complaining, he still gets today's pay whether the place was booked or not. 

He walked in his house to see Luke having a hard time with Ashton. He was at the age where he only wants to have fun and refuses to listen to his parents unless he was tired, which was only in the mornings and late nights. Luke looked frustrated and trying to settle his child down. Michael watching his fiance try to deal with their kid from the door frame. He tried to be quiet so Luke wouldn't notice him.

Ashton, on the other hand, noticed Michael right away. He ran to his father and gave him --  well his leg, a massive hug. Ashton was always more fond of Michael, but he also really loved Luke. It was just that he was so used to seeing Michael and Michael was always the one playing with him. When Michael went to work, it was just about Ashton's bed time, so it was like he was always around the little boy. 

"Daddy," Ashton yelled in joy. Michael chuckled and picked the little boy up.

"Hey, little man," he replied. 

"When did you get here?" Luke asked, picking his child's toys up.

"Couple of minutes ago. Someone booked the bar so I got to go home," Michael replied. Luke nodded. "Having some baby troubles?" He laughed. Luke sighed and nodded.

"He doesn't want to go to bed."

"I'm not tired," Ashton whinned.

"It's past your bed time, bubs," Michael said. "C'mon." He settled Ashton back down on his feet and took his little hands, leading him to Ashton's room. Even if Ashton didn't want to sleep, he wasn't going to argue with Michael. 

Ashton pulled his covers up, and crawled in bed; Michael tucked him in. The two spoke a little bit, not knowing that Luke was right outside the door, smiling like a fool. 

"Sing," Ashton said. He loved hearing his dad sing, though he almost never sung at home.

"Not tonight, baby," Michael replied.

Ashton pouted. "Sing or I'll pee on you." 

Michael burst into laughter but did as he was told. He started singing the little boy some old songs he would always listen to in his teen years. Half way through a song, the younger boy fell asleep. Michael smiled and placed a kiss on his son's forehead before walking out the door. He jumped back when he saw Luke standing there, not expecting him to be listening.

"So if I threaten to pee on you too, will you sing for me?" He asked. Michael laughed and shook his head. 

"All you have to do is ask, baby," he replied.

"I love you."

"Really?" Michael asked. He knew the answer but he was always so scared Luke would move on.

"Yeah," Luke replied, fondly.

"I love you too." 

- - - 

I watched a film and got the "pee on you" idea from there. It was a cute ass film. 

What's your favourite band? (excluding 5SOS)

Mine is a tie between You Me At Six, Marianas Trench and All Time Low