Chapter 14: a Visitor

It was morning and Charlie was doing her every day paperwork which Vaggie always reminds her to do, she swears if her girlfriend won't remind her the papers would be a very tall mountain right about now and she wasn't even exaggerating.
When she signed the last document she placed it away on an envelope and tucked the envelope in one of her drawers.

Now that she was done with her task, she was going to spend all of her remaining time with Vaggie and the others.
She took a quick tour through the hallways and staircases of the hotel, passing through Nifty and thanking her for doing her best everyday in cleaning the hotel but not forgetting to give the little demon her genuine signature smile, she as well made her way to Husk and greeted the Chimera demon who is always too busy gulping his booze and reading the hell's newspaper.
As she was done conversing with her employees, she found Vaggie on a nearby couch beside the bar and walked her way towards her, they talked about the hotel for a bit and also about themselves. She even tried her hardest not to bring out, about yesterday's incident where Anthony came to talk to her about the radio demon, she hoped Anthony had already confessed to Alastor then they'd celebrate the new couple and even throw a party for them!

The day was getting better every minute and that made her happy,
It was a great day maybe even get better as a knock on the hotel's door was heard,
"I hope it's a new client..!" She whispered to Vaggie, the other nodded and smiled at her.
Charlie was about to open the door, when the demon on the other side harshly opened it for them-self.

"My what a place!"  The overlord said but he was obviously sarcastic and Charlie new that. She knows Valentino didn't came here to check in.
"Do you need anything, sir?"
She asked, she forced a smile to him.
"Yes I do Indeed. My sweet angelcakes wasn't coming back to the studio,you see."
Vaggie now walked in as well, grabbing her spear, if anything happens she'd slice the Overlord's throat.
"Correction! he left."
Charlie retorted emphasizing that Angel dust already quit the job.

Valentino wasn't convinced a bit, he tapped his chin as he grinned his sharp teeth showing.
"Yes. But I did not allow him. We had a contract,I was even being a gentleman and gave him extra days off." he laughed, nothing genuine pure sinister and evil behind it.

"Now would you please return my lovely cum dumpster." Charlie glared at him her horns showing a bit, he hated what Valentino just called angel.

"No is a no." Sternness in her voice, her cheerful kind persona completely gone in a flash. Valentino flinched a little, he wasn't aware the demon princess could be so intimidating but he wasn't about to give up either.
He knows her weakness and that is to not to give the hotel a bad reputation, if she was indeed going to beat the hell out of the overlord, she would face the consequences, and that is doing the opposite of her cause and what she believed in,effecting in,no patient and client to check-in.

"You leave me no choice then."
Valentino shoved Charlie away as he continue to stride his way on the rooms, he was serious on finding his money cow and that very action made Charlie and Vaggie get agitated and furious even more, they really want to kill the stupid demon.
Charlie followed him as she shouted.
"Hey what do you think your doing?!"

A blonde male with short stature now appeared before them, he had a worried expression on his face.
"Charles..? What's happenin' I heard shouts and--"
Charlie cut him off, the situation was becoming worrisome, and making Valentino see Anthony is going to be the worse kind of omen ever.
"Nothing serious Tony! just quickly go back to your room." She motioned him to leave quickly or the Overlord might spot him. Anthony tilted his head ever so slightly, clearly confused why Charlie of all people is shooing him away.