“Yeah, and I can hear you.” Phantom retorted, grinning and showing her teeth. 

The guys walked over, Fynn clearly several years older than Zy. Eva snorted, “She’s already taken boys. Plus Fynn, aren’t you like thirty?” 

“No, twenty-six.” He scowled, his soft brown eyes taking in her build and height, seeming impressed. “You’re very tall, has anybody ever told you that?” 

“No need, I already know. But I’m not that tall.” 

He tilted his head, he had curly golden blonde hair. “Tall compared to most girls your age, I’d put you at about twenty.” 

“Wrong, I’m seventeen.” She grinned again. 

His eyebrows shot up, “Wow, you looked older from the way you handle yourself and such.” 

Eva looked over all of them and cut off her response. “We can leave now. Hunters, let’s go.” 

Gideon came into the room, breathless. Annik stopped in her tracks, her eyes roaming over his tall figure with a hungry expression on her face. Eva looked at him. “Gideon, what are you doing, we’re leaving. What are you doing here?” 

“I needed to see Phantom for a minute.” His hazel eyes scanned the room, finally landing on her. He walked over and cupped her face, kissing her hotly in front of everybody. Phantom felt her cheeks burn before he pulled away. “Okay,” he exhaled. “You can go now.” 

She quickly embraced him, “I’ll come back in one piece, I promise.” 

He nodded and ignored the looks from the others as Eva led them out of the building. 

They all shifted after they were outside, making them a couple inches shorter than Phantom. Eva’s violet eyes met hers and the challenge was clear as her back legs tensed and she took off, the other wolves bounding after her. She took off, letting her werewolf speed take over, making her run as fast as the rest of them. 

Two of the male wolves tackled each other, filling the air with a loud yelp. The one Phantom assumed was Annik because of the black fur, shook her shaggy head and stopped ahead of everybody else. Her black eyes gleamed in the shadows of the trees as she shifted back, shrinking and standing on two feet. 

Phantom reached her then Eva, she didn’t even look at her before she walked in front of her, completely human. “Okay,” she whispered when all of the wolves had shifted back and were on two feet. “We are going to mix it up today, we’ll split into four groups. Annik, Zy, Lulu, and Quill, you take the north part of the forest. Roach, Fynn, Mia, and Donte, you take east. Me and Phantom will take south and the other four can take west. Got it?” 

“Why is it just the two of you going alone?” Fynn asked. 

Eva met his eyes levelly. “Because she could put all of you to shame, hell, she could probably do the whole hunting thing by herself.” 

“Shut up Eva.” Phantom snarled quietly, she hated it when people did that. “If you need help just holler and don’t mind her, she just talks. Happy hunting wolves.” 

Her mouth fell open as the Hunters nodded and went in their seperate directions, her violet eyes wide in shock. “They’ve never listened to a newcomer before.” 

“Don’t talk about me like that, I hate it.” She said flatly. “And I have a habit of talking with enough authority, it tends to make people listen.” 

“Alright, now I know how I have to speak when they’re acting like children. We should go to the south part of the forest.” 

“Lead the way Beta.” Phantom motioned her to move forward and she rolled her eyes, starting to run. She followed quickly behind her, careful of the branches and dead tree parts that would crunch under foot. After several minutes, she came to a stop behind a tree, her body motionless.