000; prologue

27th september 2016...
the band was formed

"hi," daniel smiled as his girlfriend picked up the facetime call, "how was your day?"

"it was good, but i miss you a lot." madison frowned as he mirrored her actions, letting out a small sigh, "how was yours?"

"it was great." the boy said, glancing above the phone for a few seconds before looking back at the screen, "what did i miss at school?"

"nothing really," she shrugged, "just a surprise test."

"oh, cool." he nodded.

"what did you do today?" madison asked as the boys smile fell slightly, looking up from his phone screen again, "daniel?"

"uh i just.." he paused, trying to think of an answer to her question as she furrowed his eyebrows, "i just did stuff."

"you're acting a little different, is everything ok?" she looked at him confused.

"so you know how i've always wanted a career in music..." daniel began as she slowly nodded, a smile growing on her face.

"oh my god, daniel you didn't, that's amazing!" the girl smiled as the boys face still remained slightly blank, "aren't you happy about that?"

"it's not a solo thing.." he said as madison's smile fell slightly, "i'm in a band now, we're moving to los angeles after graduation."

madison remained silent for a few seconds as she stared at her screen, a blank expression on her face as the boy grew nervous, "..i'm so happy for you."

"we literally became an official band like ten minutes ago and i wanted you to be the first to know so," he explained, a grin on his face as the girl forced a smile.

"that's great, daniel." she said, letting out a small sigh, "i'm really proud of you, you're going to go so far."

"i love you so much." he said through a small laugh as he looked back above the phone screen at the boys sitting behind it.

"i love you more."

––––

october 1st 2016,
a date night

"a strawberry?" daniel asked as he handed her the box, the girl nodding and smiling as she took one from the box and took a bite out of it.

"thank you very much," she replied as he nodded, giving her a smile before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"also i forgot to ask the other night, how is this long distance thing going to work?" daniel asked, looking at her as she let out a sigh.

"i've been thinking about that and i think it's best if we go our separate ways," madison sighed as the colour drained on the boys face.

"right now?"

"no, no, not right now." she shook her head, "but i was thinking after graduation we go our own ways so that you can make it without me holding you back."

"but you're not holding me back-"

"you don't know that yet daniel, you've been in a band for 4 days." she told him, "i say we make the most of the next 8 months together and then we break up but still keep in touch, you're not only my boyfriend but my best friend too."

"is that really what you want?" daniel asked her.

"daniel i don't even want you to leave, i'm just trying to think of what is best for both of us and our dream careers," madison explained as he slowly nodded, "you know i love you, so much. i just want to see you succeed from the sidelines without getting in the way."

"so do we make this a pact?" the boy asked as she slowly nodded, holding out her hand for the boy to shake, agreeing on their decision.

––––

may 27th 2017
graduation day

"and there we have it," daniel smiled, pulling madison into a tight hug as he rested his head on top of hers, "we graduated!"

"thank you for everything," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around him as he kissed her head, "i'm happy i got to spend it with you."

"me too," he sighed as he pulled away, the silent tension growing between them, "so i guess this is also it for our relationship.."

"you know it's for the best angel," madison said as he slowly nodded, "we'll still keep in touch, be best friends! it's just so you can go far, i know you'll get where you want to be."

"i know you'll succeed too with your little fashion designer dream," he said, laughing slightly as he jokingly pinched one of her cheeks, "i'm kidding, you got this."

"i love you, ok? i'll still be cheering you on wherever you are," she said as he nodded, the two sharing a smile before they fell silent again.

"four years, that's so crazy." he laughed, "i feel like i know everything about you now."

"stop stalling, you have a flight to pack for." she rolled her eyes but smiled as he shrugged.

"i just don't wanna say goodbye," he sighed, glancing at the ground.

"woah hey it's not a goodbye, it's a see you later seavey." the girl reminded him, lightly slapping his chest as he let out a small laugh.

"ok! ok," he nodded before looking at her, cupping her face as they both leant in and connected their lips together, sharing a long and deepened kiss.

after pulling away, daniel placed a few more kisses on her forehead before they finally took a few steps away from each other.

"i love you, madi." daniel said, managing to hold back his tears as he walked to his car.

"i love you, don't let me down." she said, pointing to him as he shook his head and smiled before they turned away from each other.

and that was when it hit madison, the boy she had been in love with for four years would soon be travelling the word, and she was never going to see him again.

or so she had thought...

a/n

glad to have this book back tbf

a huge huge thank you to avery ( seaveysbeanies_ ) for helping me finalise the plot and get a lottttt of it started, i really recommend you follow her & read her book, so thank u avery i love u so much <3333

anyway, NOW i hope you enjoy the book :)