"I'm busy teasing my cousin's mate here," Lily said.

"She has a point—"

"Exactly," Lily said.

"Not you. I meant her. You dragged me from Xavier for the dress, not to play around," Maddy said crossing her arms.

"Really? This is the first time you've been away from his side in like three days. Shouldn't you be trying to stay here as long as possible?" Lily asked.

"Its not that bad with him...."

"I thought it was girls before mates," Lily said.

"Its not my fault that he is nice and warm especially since it is winter right now," Maddy shot back.

"Please do continue with the dress," Maddy said as politely as she could to the seamstress.

Maddy sent a glare at the Captain of the Royal Guard, commanding her to keep quiet. To her surprise, Lily actually did as she was asked, although she did not see too happy about it.

Soon enough however the fitting was done and the seamstress left to fix a few things on the dress. Although the train was not at all going to be shorted, to Maddy's horror.

"So now that she is gone let's talk boys, specifically—"

"Really?! I thought you got enough of talking during the first half of the fitting," Maddy moaned.

"There is no such thing as too much boy talk. Besides I need to get my daily to weekly dose from somewhere and trust me the men in the guard are the last place that should come from, I had to learn that the hard way."

"Ever since you started helping me with my dress you have been rather... crazy? Like you have switched from intense warden to bouncy sugar high girl."

"That's because you no longer need to be given that push to be with him and I like you much more now. The idea of not wanting a mate just sets me off. Any way are you going to spill? I want to know all the details of what's been happening whilst you two have been locked up in that room together. You have barely left it even once."

"We did... for a meeting yesterday."

"Right, the one where he kept playing with your hair whilst you sat on his lap. I was there. Aww you're going red again. If have a mate as cute as you are I will probably also want to be all cute with them in meetings and show them off," she laughed.

"How do you know you won't be the one being called cute," Maddy replied.

"Cause I don't have a mate on the council. Unless they are instated eventually. They won't be ranked higher than me so I'll be the one dragging them to the meetings."

"Maybe they are part of a different kingdom?" Maddy suggested.

"I hope not. That would make it so difficult. Kingdoms barely ever. And I mean EVER interact with each other. Well unless there is a major event and they need assistance but then the motivation must be good," Lily sighed.

"Has it ever happened?"

"Yep. The Dragon War. I was pretty young then though. I must have been fifteen or so. So it was a long time ago. Just do not ask Xavier about it. The queen died fighting. My uncle was never the same after that. Xavier was traumatized. He was fighting beside her at the time of her death so it was pretty bad for him as well. We withdrew ourselves from the war almost immediately after her death," Lily said sadly.

"That's horrible... sorry I don't really know what to say. The way you speak of it. She must have been an amazing queen and person and close to you," Maddy said.