Chapter 2

~Aurelia~

I heard the sounds of crying and laughing. I walked towards its source and saw, just around the corner, Elijah, Scarlett and their gang bullying a bunch of demon kids. I clenched my fists. Those kids looked scared and lost, whereas those eggheads looked like they were enjoying making fun of them.

"This school is really going to lose its reputation if demons inhabit this place." I heard Elijah say.

"Well, I think this school has already lost its reputation by letting people like you study here." I retorted, emerging from my hiding place and stood in front of those kids. I crossed my arms and looked at the demon kids who looked grateful. I smiled at them and turned my attention to the others.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the demon lover." Scarlett sneered and everybody chuckled.

"So?" They looked surprised for a second. They thought I was going to protest or something about not liking demons and stuff.  Well they were wrong about me. Often people made assumptionsabout me, but I always proved them wrong.  "I don't get what's wrong in treating demons with respect."

"They are dirty creatures. They belong in the bowels of hell where Lucifer can rule them. They don't belong here, among us. Don't forget, their parents have tried to kill us, a lot of times. They still do and letting their kids study will give them the advantage." Elijah said, his blonde hair tousled and his blue eyes glinting with mischief. He slipped his hand around Scarlett's bare waist. She wore a denim tube top with denim shirt skirt so low you could almost see her hot pink thong peeking from the hem. Her red hair was tied in a high ponytail and she had so much eye shadow on that her hazel eyes looked as if someone had drawn them on her face.

 Her red hair was tied in a high ponytail and she had so much eye shadow on that her hazel eyes looked as if someone had drawn them on her face

"Well it isn't their fault that their parents are bad. Every race has good and bad. Like, for example, the bad people in Angel race, includes you all. Same way, they are the good ones."

"We are not the bad ones here. You're making the mistake of supporting these disgusting creatures who can turn against us anytime." Adam said. He was Elijah's best friend and his tail. He had dark hair and dark eyes.

I smirked. "Awww, feeling too sad after the loss of your first wife and jealous that she is making babies without you, that you're taking out your anger on them?" I mocked, faking sadness and concern. His face contorted wuth anger and the others looked torn between laughing at him or defending him. I turned to those kids and whipered,

"Sorry. No offense. Its just a joke."

One of the them whispered back, "Its okay. None taken." I smiled at them and turned my attention back to the bullies.

He clenched his jaw. He tried to lunge at me, his fists clenched and raised, but Elijah stopped him. "Leave it. She's not worth it." He whispered in his ear loud enough for me to hear it. He narrowed his eyes at me and relyctantly let his hands fall to his sides.

It hurt a little though since I was not worth anyone's time and attention. Even if it was beating me up, I was still not worth it.

Elijah turned to me with a smirk. "Why are you taking their side? Are you a Fallen Angel?" Each and every member of his gang started laughing and hi-fiving each other. Scarlett grabbed her boyfriend's collar and placed a huge kiss on his lips. I cringed at the sight of them kissing. It always reminded me of how he had cheated on me with her. I never seemed to be good enough for anyone.

I opened my mouth angrily to say something but, "So whats wrong in being a Fallen Angel?" A deep, husky voice said from behind me.

We all turned to the source of the voice. The person walking towards us was an Angel.(pun intended) He had dark hair, like the night and crimson eyes. His dark hair was tied into a man bun. He looked handsome in a simple black t-shirt and black jeans with boots. He looked familiar but I couldn't remember his name. He stopped right beside me with his hand supporting his school bag's shoulder strap and looked at the gang with an aura of supremacy, his scarlet eyes looking bright in the light.

 He stopped right beside me with his hand supporting his school bag's shoulder strap and looked at the gang with an aura of supremacy, his scarlet eyes looking bright in the light

Elijah chuckled hurmourlessly, trying to show off his masculinity and preserving his prestige. "Huh? And which demon could you be?"

"I'm Lucifer's son. The demon's son."

Scarlett sneered. "Okay then can you put your father and Aurelia together to have a little chat since they're both Fallen Angels. They would get along really well. And maybe, she might become your stepmother." The whole gang laughed at that. Elijah proudly kissed his girlfriend's cheek.

I clenched my fists. Heat rushed to my cheeks but not because of embarrassment but anger and rage.  "Well, he technically was an Angel once." That got everyone's attention. Including mine. "He was an Angel before he was cast out to hell. Technically, Lilith was the first woman on Earth since she was Adam's first wife but she too was cast out of heaven. So you see all the demons were technically angels once. Lilith wasn't exactly an Angel but part of Heaven. So a part of Heaven turned into Hell. So the evil is a part of Heaven. It's part of all of us. We can't rid ourselves of it. You just have to learn to live with it." I was awestruck at his speech. I was speechless. I could do nothing else but gape at him.

Elijah looked at him angrily but also looked speechless. Wow, it took a lot to make him speechless. I smiled to myself. This was going to be fun. I looked at Elijah.

"We'll settle this later. Its not over yet. You are messing with the wrong crowd, Prince of Hell." He said with a snarl and stomped away with his sidekicks.

After they left I turned to the kids and checked them for injuries. Elijah and his group had no limits, so they could have hit them.

"You guys okay?" I asked.

They looked at each other and then turned to me, each giving me a smile.

"We're good. Thanks for helping us," one of them said.

"Don't hesitate to tell me next time they do something like this again. Got it?" I asked looking each of them in the eye. Then had to know that they were safe here.

They nodded. "But why'd you stand up for us? We're demons and you're an angel. And those guys were angels too. You went against your own kind for us," the same kid who spoke earlier said.

"I stood up to them because what they were doing was wrong. No one should treat anyone like that."

I smiled at them once more before turning towards the guy who helped me. He was already looking at me with an unreadable expression.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing. Just that you're different than I thought you'd be," he said and turned around walking away before I could make sense of what he said.

Hey guys! Hope you like the chapter. What are your thoughts on Aurelia's  relationship with her father?
And what do you think about 'The Prince of Hell'?

Vote, Comment, Share & Follow.