Think Noah. Think. Where would she have gone? I asked myself.

Then it hit me. There was one thing that Riley liked to do when she was upset. Drink.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran down the stairs and out of the building. I retraced all the turns we took that first initial night we had run into each other. It was like reliving the day we walked down these streets together in reverse.

I wasted no time when I reached the bar and rushed out to the balcony. My heart dropped with disappointment when all I saw was empty space— no sight of Riley anywhere.

From my left, a waiter walked into my view. It was only when he approached the table where Riley and I had previously sat that I noticed a couple of empty glasses. A sliced pineapple wedge was left on one of them.

"Excuse me. Was a girl with brown hair here. She is about this tall." I motioned to about Riley's height. "She is wearing a blue shirt."

"You mean Riley?"

"Oh, yes, you know her?"

"Yeah, she is a regular here. She just left, actually, about a couple of minutes ago. Mentioned she wanted some froyo."

"Kay, thanks a lot, man."

I ran out of the bar and over to the froyo place. The same teenager was currently inside cleaning what seemed to be a dropped bowl of froyo.

"Oh, not you too?" He grunted when he saw me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Your girl came in here and tried to pour every flavor all into one cup. Made a fucking mess."

"Ahh, sorry about that. Can you tell me which way she went?"

"No," the kid said, begrudgingly returning to mop the floor. I walked out. A little annoyed at the kid's sassiness.

My chest tightened. Where could she have gone now? Of course. There was one place she liked to go when she needed to think. So, I ran towards it.

My heart pounded as I stared at the dark alley. It swallowed the light more than before. As I walked through it, it felt like the darkness was eating me. The fear that Riley would not be there built with every step I took.

But as the shadows receded, making way for the light, Rileys form came into view. She laid at the center of the garden, on a small patch of grass, looking up at the night sky. Her hair was sprawled out like a bursting star. The light around the garden reflected off her eyes. They twinkled and threatened to spill with every sniffle. The way her lips lightly trembled made me wonder, how long had she been crying?

"Riley?" My voice came out low. Like I was speaking to a scared cat that could run off at any sudden movement.

She turned her head around, and her eyes immediately widened as they fell upon me. She wiped her tear-stained cheek and sat up. "What are you doing here, Noah?" She looked forward, avoiding my gaze altogether.

"I want to talk to you." I stayed at the periphery of the grass, unsure if I was welcomed inside.

"There is nothing to talk about?"

"I would beg to differ. I think an apology is owed."

"I have nothing to apologize for." Her words came out harsh. Mad even.

"I meant from my part. I wanted to apologize on behalf of my mother for how she disrespected you. It was uncalled for, to say the least."

"I appreciate that. But, you can go now if you want."