Level 1 ++

Enter Player Name: Riley

"What do you see in my eyes, Riley?" Noah's smokey voice dripped like a hypnotic melody into my ears.

My mouth dried, and my breath eluded me.

The subtle and grassy scent of his cologne awakened my senses, seducing me closer. His bright green eyes looked at me, so clear... so tempting... my heart pounded against my chest. Heat radiated from his body and caressed my skin. His lips approached, erasing the passage of time.

It was all a bit... Intoxicating...

My insides tingled with anticipation...

His lips were so close...

Just...

Just a little bit...

more

and...

BEEP!BEep!beep!BEEP!BEep!beep!

A phone alarm ripped through the cold night air, snapping me out of his seductive spell. We jolted away from each other. Instantly, the crisp air swooped in and snuffled the comforting heat fanning from his skin.

Fuck. I looked away, ashamed to be acting like a schoolgirl at twenty three. This wasn't like me, to get so easily swayed by a handsome face. A very, very handsome face.

Noah cleared his throat while silencing the phone. "It's 10:30 pm. I think it's time for me to escort you home as I promised." He extended his neck to rub the tension away, showing off his sharp jawline and strong Adam's apple. It shifted as he gulped.

Dammit, Riley! I scolded myself internally. Why am I so thirsty?

I must just be starving for some some. Between Mikey's school and the looming response to my parent's appeal, it's been a while since I hit Chris up. Maybe I'll text him and get his assistance in quenching this irrational need to ravish Noah all night.

Engrave it in your mind Riley, Noah is out of the question. No matter how scrummylicious.

"Yeah, let's head out." I dusted my pants and rose from the ground, avoiding his forest-colored eyes.

Not a word left our lips as we walked out of the alleyway, leaving the almost-kiss in that garden. My heart drummed loud against the vacuum of sound. It refused to let me ignore, that if the alarm did not sound, or rang just a minute later, we would have been devoured in an intoxicating kiss.

I sighed in relief when we exited to the streets, and the overwhelming atmosphere of the city assaulted us.

The darkness of the sky contrasted with the bright and colorful lights shining from nearby windows. The aroma of different foods mixed into a harmonic blend characteristic of the diversity that prevailed within the neighborhood. In this part of the city, I could taste the adobo in the air and feel the music in my bones. If it weren't for the smattering of stars across the sky, you wouldn't be able to guess it was past 11 PM.

The sound of honking cars and idle chatter vortexed around us, sucking the air from our lungs, leaving us without words. The gravity of my actions settled in.

What was I thinking? Allowing myself — even if for just a second — to indulge in the heat of the moment. I made strict rules to never bring relationship drama near my brothers. Not after him. Almost kissing my neighbor definitely fell into that category of drama that I wanted — had — to avoid.

"So, Riley..." Noah's voice grasped my attention. He rubbed the back of his neck again. "Do you want to talk about the reason you were crying tonight?"