Friday 24th

~

But when we go outside

~

Yoongi stuffed his hands in his cardigan as he walked through the busy streets. His mind played the memories from yesterday. Right after Jimin indirect and sort of confession, his phone rang and he had to go even before Yoongi could say anything. And even long after Jimin was gone, Yoongi found himself sitting in the same postion and wondering if had heard Jimin correctly. If what had had happened was real.

'Jimin likes me...' 

It took every ounce of Yoongi's will power to not cheer out loud and jump out of joy. Instead, he compromised to smile like an idiot as a flaming rosy blush spread through his cheeks. Happiness is in the moment, the more focused the more intense, like a beam of light to the soul. And just as with well focused light, it is then we find better resolution. And everything seemed and felt good to him. He didn't curse out loud or get irritated when someone bumped into him. Instead, smiled a little, muttered a 'sorry' even though the person he had bumped into was long gone. When he entered his office building, the buzzing of activity and chattering didn't feel too loud. And Hoseok was surprised when Yoongi greeted him back with a gummy smile instead of his usual scowl. 

He might even had laughed at Hoseok's stunned expression if the Editor's secretary didn't walk up to him. And in one sentence all the happiness drained out of him. He put down his stuff in his cubicle and walked towards the Editor in Chief's office. 

He stopped for a moment in front of the door and took in a deep breath. He knew immediately what he was being called for. And so as to speak, he had all the stuff he needed right in the recorder in his left pocket. Yoongi felt the little bump in his pocket with his hand before sighing heavily and knocking on the door. He twisted the knob and pushed the door open when he heard a muffled 'come in' from the other side of the door. 

"Take a seat" Namjoon said after sparing Yoongi a glance.

Yoongi pressed his lips together, and nodded, taking a seat opposite to Namjoon. The Chief Editor sighed, and pushed his work aside. He placed his hand on the table and looked at Yoongi with a solemn look. 

"Anything?" He asked. 

"No, sir"

Namjoon clicked his tongue together and removed his glasses,  "Yoongi, this was your last chance. You do remember that?" 

"Yes, sir"

"And I won't really believed that you did nothing. I know you have a story but you're holding it back, aren't you?" Namjoon asked, raising his brow. 

Yoongi didn't reply but his silence answered Namjoon's question.

"Yoongi... if you don't submit the story... I'll have no choice but to fire you" The Chief Editor said. 

"I know..."

"So you still won't share your story?" 

Yoongi continued to keep quiet and look at Namjoon. It wasn't in a way that meant anger and challenge. But more like he was determined. Their was softness in his eyes along with sternness.

"Well then..." Namjoon sighed, "Min Yoongi, you're fired"

~

Yoongi struggled a little as he carried his box full of his stuff to his car. He somehow managed to open the car door with one hand and put his box in before getting in himself. He glanced back at his office and then at the recorder in his hands.