But Tom also knew that there were oh so many risks to legally binding himself to her.

If her brother died, which was more than likely when it came down to it, he would also be considered a legal guardian. And he did not want to have children that weren't his.

If he was going to be stuck raising anyone's kids, they would be Lorelai's and his. And they would have her features and his dark green eyes and hair, and they would be so happy. Fuck! He had to stop thinking about her,

Tom and Lorelai Riddle.

That sounded nice didn't it? Focus, Voldemort, you are a future evil dark lord who will one day take over the wizarding world who will also have a secret family.

A secret beautiful wife who gave him such perfect love. Tom looked over his next object for a Horcrux, and then Lorelai would make it all better again.

Lorelai made everything better. Even when he read his magic books in bed as she caught up on sleep in his arms, she didn't even say anything and yet she made it more enjoyable.

Tom also enjoyed how late she came home sometimes, or how she was out when he was out, because Lorelai didn't even know how late he came home. She wasn't suspicious of anything. She thought he was perfect.

--

"Is this man perfect?" Asked Val as she looked at Lorelai's ring in the breakroom of the hospital, "And he cooks for you?"

"He doesn't let me cook." Said Lorelai,

"I can understand that but still," Said Val, "Are you going to quit your job now?"

"Absolutely not." Said Lorelai and literally everyone in the breakroom took a breath of relief, because she did everything she could to help including taking graveyards no one wanted so she could take some weekend days off,

And she was generally a nice person. Who was one of the most caring people in the world even by nurse standards,

"Thank the lord," Said Val, "I wonder when Micheal will propose. We've been dating for like six months."

"Soon then. I see how he looks at you." Said Lorelai, looking at her own engagement ring fondly. She really loved Tom.

When they were together it was like their was a veil between them and the rest of the world. And he was the best person to sleep on. He was just so full of warmth.

"I'm sure," Said Val, as Lorelai finished her coffee,

"I have some afternoon rounds to complete, and you needed me to take your shift?" Said Lorelai,

"Yeah, I really need to have a good and proper date night with Mike, You know some dating. At night." Said Val, losing herself in her own coffee cup, "With some dating. At night. In bed with the clothes, just gone,"

"I catch your drift. In fact I caught it so good that they are making me wide receiver for an american football team," Said Lorelai,

"You suck at analogies." Said Valerie and Lorelai nodded,

"And I accept that." Said Lorelai, "Have a fun date night."

"I will." Said Val, as Lorelai left the breakroom, clipboard in hand, she stopped at the nurse's station to pick up some magazines and some coloured pencils that her patients had asked for,

"Nurse Meira?" Said Doctor Scott and she turned around and braced herself for what would come next, "I need you to get blood samples from these patients, and assist at the blood drive on Saturday,"

"Do we not have a phlebotomist on hand?" She asked,

"But you always find the vein on the first try, sweetheart," Said Doctor Scott, "You'll make more money if you go,"