Chapter 6 : Ink and Clues

Start from the beginning

  I turnt on the device, and it flashed up with a screen showing two options. Pictures, and information. I clicked on the information tab. Two pictures showed at the top of the screen, one of Dexter's dead body, and one with an outline of a body, but highlighted pink area's to show where damage had been done. I glanced down at the information displaced.

Victim ~ Dexter Eon                                                                                                                                               Time of Death ~ Around 02:30                                                                                                                             Cause of Death ~ Stab wounds to back                                                                                                      Place of Death ~ Library                                                                                                                                        Weapon used ~ ???

  "The hell is this?" Geno complained, "This is just disrespectful!"

  "Didn’t take you as the respectful type," Alfonso Chuckled, but received an evil glare from Geno   

  Dexter's body had deep gashes in it, which summoned a pink fluid to flow from his dead body. I regret tingly entered the library, to see several people looking around. I walked over to Jessica, who was studying the corpse.

  "Hmm, something’s strange," Jessica stated, stroking her chin.

  "Huh, what is?" I replied confused. Jessica pointed to the back of his head, which was covered with his blue hair. Upon closer inspection, there was pink blood soaked into his strands of hair, alongside a large purple bruise. "Hmm? So he was hit over the head?" I questioned.

  "That could be possible, but there is nothing here that would be strong enough to cause that big of a bruise..." Jessica pondered. I looked around, but noticed the book in Dexter's hand. "How about that?" I replied, walking over to the book and taking it from Dexter's clutches.  "This seems like it could knock someone out, with enough force applied of course".

  "That’s true, but it was held in his hand, if anything, it would be some other book." Jessica said, turning her attention once more to the corpse.

  I walked across the floor until i stepped on something wet. I gulped, thinking i had just stepped in my friend's blood, but was surprised to discover it was a different substance. A large patch, what I presumed, of juice was spilt on the floor next to the table. Topher was about to tell someone, but Heather beat him to it.

  "Guys, i found something!" announced Heather, who picked out a book for a shelf. 

  "Yeh, what about it, you tryin' ta be funny or something?" Geno replied, looking at the book that heather was clutching. She opened a book and out fell a kitchen knife, along with a blood soaked page. 

  "Whoa! Why the hell is there a knife in the book?" Shrieked Adam, who was under the library table.

  "Well, obviously to hide it, but they obviously didn’t hide it well enough," Dylan explained, picking up the knife from the floor. 

  "Hey, that knife looks like one from the kitchen!" Nick added, beckoning Dylan to follow him. Maggie and Mina also followed the duo, in hopes of finding something to help them progress.

  "Hey, what book is that?" Alfonso asked, walking over to Heather.

  "It’s a book all about hair, like, long, curly, dinosaur, all the hair!" Heather giggled, handing the book over to Alfonso. His eyes darted straight at me, and so did everyone else's. Was that put there on purpose?! There was no way that was related with me. I went to reply, but Tim interrupted.

  "Save it for the trial dude, but you got a lot of explaining," He said. I just looked down, and went back to searching. 

  Gel walked over to me looking nervous. "Uh, um, can you join me please? I want to have a look around, but i dont want to go alone..." Gel quivered, holding her hands behind her back.

  "Sure," I replied. I would rather stay here, but I couldn’t deny the request. I followed Gel out of the library, and began to have a look around. We searched around the corridors, and came across a discovery. 

  "Hmm?" I questioned as we passed one of the many bins. The bin had a juice bottle placed in it. 

  "Huh, what’s wrong?" Gel questioned, peering into the bin.

  "It's nothing, but why would someone dispose there bottle all the way over here? The bin is further than any, so why go all this way, when they could have put it literally outside their door?" I explained, hoping that Gel would have an answer.

  "Maybe the killer had to go a long route to avoid being seen? It’s unlikely that anyone would walk this far anyway, so it’s a good place to hide something..." Gel replied, smiling. Her answer made sense, so i just stuck with it, as complaining would be useless.

  We made our way back to the library, with not much useful information. Something was off when they entered the room. Everyone stopped what they were doing as soon as I walked in the room, and just glared at him. It felt like everyone was melting me with their minds.

  "What’s... what’s wrong?" I staggered, wanting answers.  No one answered, neither did anyone have time to, as the big television in the library turnt itself on. 

  *pzzzzzt*

  "Hello! Investigation time is over! Haul your lazy arse's over to the gym, ill be waiting!" Monopug announced, and then the television turnt off. Everyone made their way out the room, and I gave one last look at Dexter's body, but then following the crew to the gym...

  [[Hello again! With investigation time over, who do you think is the culprit? More information is to be revealed, and ultimately the murderer's identity! Thank you for reading, feel free to leave a comment or even a vote ;) Until next time ~]]