1.

Nyx

I was sitting in the car looking out of the window. Flats and trees are passing quickly, As the sun sets, orange and red colors beaming through the sky. Thinking of how my life changed lately and decisions that have been made quicker than time. My dad decided to move to New York. After 20 years of living in San Francisco.

"It's good to have a new beginning here. Don't you guys think ?" He asked me and Janus.

"Yeah. I think it will be great. Especially if there are girls." He smirked looking at me.
I rolled my eyes at him.

That's my optimistic brother talking. And he is a play boy back there.

"Ny!" Dad iterated.

"Yes, dad. I think that too." I replied getting in my own bubble of thoughts.

"Nyx doesn't seem excited about the idea." Jan said.

"Get the fuck off my back, Jan." I said glaring at him.

"Language." Dad warned us.

I really don't know if that was good for me or not. Not after this shit relationship I had. And my mum's death. Janus was there for me when dad wasn't but again, I know dad was that busy after she died.

Maybe everyone will have a good time or find whoever they want here. I need to give myself a chance, though.

Maybe it will be a great beginning as he thinks it is.

"Dad, Will Arcane come ? Because she didn't come with us!" Jan asked.

"Yes, she just has some things back there. She will come by night time."
Jan nodded.

Dad owns a big Farentiy that hires assassins, maybe he makes deals with mafias and others, maybe FBI and undercover detectives, etc.

Maybe I was one of the assassins that work there. Jan and Arcane do too. It's the best we could ask for. Maybe we got on with this lifestyle, lately.

I just find myself there, working and training others. Have to deal with the mafia or government.
That pretty much gives me experience to know people and how to communicate with them. Because they say I am an introvert ass that need to get out and communicate more.

After a while, the car came to a stop. We were in front of a big mansion that is remote from the city. I love to be secluded from others. And isolated from any noise but still I love the city.

We got in and I got to pick first which room I liked. I picked the big one that had black walls and a king size bed. Not that I feel guilty for taking it and leaving Jan to anything else. I am satisfied. Black walls, black bed with dark red color sheets.
That's all I ask for.

I had my things here for almost a week before we came.

I entered my closet to change into something that says I am getting drunk tonight. And headed downstairs.

I saw Janus standing by the front door waiting for something.

"Were you waiting for me ?" I asked him through my lashes pretending to be special.

He looked at me from up to down and shook his head no

"Jane" I teased him. I know he doesn't like to be called Jane.