14. Bitter-sweet aftertaste

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, thank you. ❤

________________________________________

Arriving at school had been a difficult task for Jisung due to tears blurring his vision and a painful stinging in his chest. The blond boy had gained a few looks from passers-by, which varied from curious to concerned. Jisung had been a storm cloud in the sky full of white fluffy puffs; his gloomy aura contrasting the sunny day.

But the tears were long gone by the time he had sat down in the lecture hall, leaving only stinging sensation in the boy's delicate orbs matching his heart's state.

How ridiculous of me. All that fuss, for what? It's none of my business whom he dates or what sexual preferences he has. - Jisung tried to explain to himself.

Although his emotions subdued, the blond still felt miserable and disappointed - disappointed with himself, disappointed about letting himself fall for Minho; his bizarre laugh, his soft side for Soonie, Doongie and Dori, the small sweet gestures towards Jisung, faint blushes and wandering eyes whenever the chocolate-haired boy was shy or embarrassed - everything about him.

Only weeks had they known each other but Jisung knew so much about him already and wanted to know even more.

Even if it meant them staying only as friends.

Another wave of pain washed over his heart and the boy decided to just focus on lectures. There was no point in further self-pity or overdramatizing the whole situation, as well as he didn't want to alarm his love-struck friends.

...

"Hannie!" stepping closer to the blond boy, Felix called out.

The lectures had just ended and everyone was leaving.

Jisung whipped his head his friend's way and waited for what the boy wanted to say.

"Is something wrong? You seemed a bit upset in the morning," he asked with genuine concern, worry written all over his freckled face.

Jisung let out a small chuckle shaking his head. His heart was moved by Felix's attentiveness and he made a small note to cherish his friends more.

"I was but I'm okay now. It's nothing, really." the blond assured but it made the other even more concerned as a frown appeared on his face.

"Do you want to talk about it? We can go out and grab your favorite cheesecake." the pink-haired boy proposed.

"It's okay Lixie, thank you." Jisung squeezed the boy's arm reassuringly and flashed him a toothy grin. "Besides, didn't you tell me that you are meeting your boyfie today?" he asked wiggling his brows playfully which gained him a rosy blush from Felix.

"I a-am... but I can call it off. Channie hyung will understand." he stuttered sheepishly.

"No need to. Go and have fun." the blond boy patted the other's shoulder. "But not too much," he added winking.

Felix flushed bright red but glanced over his friend once more to make sure it's really fine to leave him like that and after receiving nothing but a sweet smile from the boy he made his way out to finally meet his boyfriend.