iv. wishful thinking

DO ME A FAVOUR!

THE REST of the night was kind of a blur. i remembered that for once in my life, felix wasn't totally hating me. and we were getting along for once as well. so much to the point that when i woke up in my bedroom, i looked at the pictures on my phone and there we were, having a good time at the party. him wearing my bucket hat and myself having a giant smile across my face. if only we would get along like this normally, i knew it wouldn't last very long.

i made the impulsive decision to go ahead and post the picture onto my feed, leaving a little smiley face as the caption. i knew this shit would be all over creek secrets in no time but honestly, i didn't care. i didn't care because who else can decide who i post on my feed? exactly nobody.

i rolled out of bed and went downstairs to make myself some breakfast. i attempted to scramble an egg, along with making some bacon as well, before getting a facetime call from camryn.

"do my eyes deceive me or did you actually post a picture with felix weston?" camryn laughed as she let out a shocking gasp.

"yes, it's true. is it on creek secrets yet?" i asked her, knowing she basically stays updated on creek secrets.

"yep, headlining practically. apparently, lone stone and the pretty girl is something nobody would've thought to see.." camryn said nonchalantly, eating a bowl of what i presumed to be cereal.

"he has a name." i heard myself correcting camryn. that's something i never expected to do. what was happening to me?

my phone started buzzing, a random number calling me. same area code though.

"let me call you right back, cam." i said, accepting the unfamiliar number's call. "hello?" i replied.

"i can't believe you posted that picture!" the voice said, me knowing in an instance that it was none other than felix on the other end.

"hello to you too, felix." i laughed. i knew, of course, he was upset with me. "why are you mad at me exactly?"

"why did you post it?" he said, avoiding my question.

"are you mad at me or what?" i said in response, still unsure why i was being called.

"i'm not mad, bambi." he sighed after a long pause of silence. "just curious.." he muttered as if someone would've been able to hear us.

"we had fun, i can't just post a picture with you for the fun of it?" i questioned him with a nervous laugh.

"what happened to us hating each other?" felix said, followed by a nervous laugh.

"you hated me here, buddy. i never said i hated you.." i said nonchalantly.

"damnit bambi, i don't hate you.." he muttered once again.

"okay, you're kidding with that one. you've hated me for years!" i argued to him.

"i was mad but i didn't hate you.. just very much so angry with you and the only way i could be angry was hold up a front against you so and i'm rambling sorry.." he said as i laughed at him. "don't laugh!" he said.

"oh, by the way, i need my bucket hat back.." i said, giving my phone a smile. though, he couldn't see me.

"i'll give it back monday.." he said.