xiv. spring fling

DO ME A FAVOUR!

SPRING FLING, the week had came to a close as it was now saturday, the day of the formal. i woke up around eleven this morning to the smell of eggs and bacon being made. it's always convenient when my mom comes back around, right?

"good morning sweetheart!" she shouted from the kitchen as i walked in.

"i thought you had a work thing today?" i asked, sitting down at the island, dangling my feet from the stool.

"cancelled it, i couldn't miss my daughter's spring formal dance! we're going to get the loveliest pictures of you!" she smiled to me.

"don't go overboard on them please, i don't want camryn to deal with all of your crazy." i laughed a little bit.

"he didn't ask you?" she said, referring to felix.

"no, things are still pretty complicated, mom." i said, slouching down in my seat.

"don't worry too much, honey. you know, your father was the same exact way. he was so stubborn before we got married, before we dated even. but when he figured himself out, he knew exactly what to do and knew all the right things to say." she said, tearing up slightly.

it was so hard when he passed away, mom hit such a depression that she threw herself into work and i always resented her for it but nowadays, i can see why. she needed something to fill the void that was missing in her.

"i miss him too mom," i said, starting to tear up as well. "i wish i got to tell him i loved him one more time." i begun to let my tears fall as my mom came over to me.

"he's always watching us from above, he would've been so proud of who you've become this year." she said, hugging me. "i know i'm proud of you, sweetheart."

"thanks mom." i said.

"now, no more tears! you gotta eat up and start getting ready, you're getting the guy tonight!" she said, laughing.

"gee, now you're starting to sound like camryn!" i laughed as she began handing me a plate of food.

I CONTINUED to let the words my mom said to me bounce around in my head. i knew felix still needed that time to clear his head and fully figure out if he wanted to be with me or if he wanted to be with lake. stay patient, bambi.

"knock knock." camryn said, coming into my room. she carried a dress bag, silver pumps and a whole bunch of other things to get ready.

"you sure you grabbed everything?" i joked.

"yes. you ready to begin all the essentials to a special night?" she said, smiling to me as she began plugging a straightening iron in.

"is there a whole bucket list you're trying achieve for the night?" i joked once again.

"as a matter of fact, yes, miss sarcastic." she said, rolling her eyes.

"sorry, you know how i get when i'm under a lot of stress, the jokes just come out like word vomit." i said.

camryn walked up behind me at my vanity, placing her hands on my shoulders and giving me direct eye contact in the mirror.