xiii. i'll be there for you

DO ME A FAVOUR!

"AND HE kissed you?!" camryn said over the facetime call. i had been crying my eyes out for the last fifteen minutes over what had happened prior to this call. felix left not so long ago.

"it hurts so much, cam. i mean, if i had just stuck around for him to speak his mind, i wouldn't be all depressed and i wouldn't be in this messy situation." it took everything to not bang my head against my bedroom wall but luckily, i didn't. "i couldn't even tell you what's going to happen next."

"you know what's going to happen next, you're hopefully going to get the guy that you like!" camryn tried to be enthusiastic about the whole situation but it wasn't working, for me at least.

"he said he was going to make it up to me, but when? when will he truly make it up to me? will he stop being with lake in private? he's only hurting himself being with someone who doesn't care for him." i ranted.

"i know, believe me i know. we all know how bad lake is. but, she's not important right now! what's important is that soon, everything will fall into place and you and felix will have this all figured out." camryn said with a reassuring smile.

"i don't know how you still deal with me, cam. but i love you for it." i said, laughing as wiped my eyes again.

"it's what best friends are for, i'm here for life bambi." camryn smiled once again. "but unfortunately, my mom isn't wanting me to because i have to go to a stupid dinner with her and my aunt tonight. i'll text you though, keep me updated."

"alright, have fun or as much as you possibly can." i laughed, waving a goodbye to my best friend. as soon as the call ended, i pounced myself onto my bed, just thinking about everything.

i hoped and prayed that felix would hopefully make up his mind. i didn't even care how long it would take but god, sooner than later would be ideal. everything will fall into place, the words that camryn gave me for encouragement played over and over in my mind.

why does love have to be so difficult?

MONDAY MORNING and i was back at school. the teachers all day so far were asking me if i was okay or if everything was alright, always with the stupid, sympathetic head tilt. it reminded me of when my father died and everyone did that same head tilt.

for the most part, i was trying to avoid anything and everything that had to do with the creek secrets post from a little bit ago, felix and lake's relationship or whatever it should be classified as, and just anything that would set me off.

and it was working thankfully. though, i did see felix a couple times, making awkward eye contact with him, it didn't set me off in anyway. i kept telling myself that everything would fall into place, that i need to give him sometime to sort his shit out.

"bambi?" camryn waved her hand in front of my face. "are you alive?"

"yeah, still in my head about this whole thing with felix. what do you think he means when he says he's going to make it up to me?" i asked to her, laying my chin onto the lunch table.

"maybe some kind of romantic gesture? who knows with guys because sometimes," she paused, looking away from me. "they lead you on for no reason whatsoever and leave you scrambling to find a date to spring fling at the very last second!" she said, stabbing her fork into her food.

"cam, what happened?" i asked, taking the fork away from her, to prevent anymore stabbing of any kind.

"andrew.. i thought he liked me but he was just using me." camryn said, her eyes becoming glossed over. "i can't believe i was so stupid to think for a second he would like me.." she tossed her hands over her eyes.

"alright," i grabbed one of her hands, gently patting my hand over hers. "i'll tell you what, andrew spencer is the biggest asshole this school has to offer and he's a dumbass if he can't see how awesome you are! he doesn't deserve to be cried over, he deserves to be the one crying because camryn, you are that bitch!" i said, making sure she heard me loud and clear.

"it just sucks because i was really hoping he'd ask me to spring fling, y'know?" she said, wiping her eyes.

"how about you and i go together? it can be like our middle school formals, the good old times!" i exclaimed. god knows i wouldn't have a date to spring fling, felix couldn't make his mind up that quickly.

camryn smiled small, nodding her head.

"with that decided, i say we go looking for dresses after school because i need my best friend's input. we both know i don't know how to dress to impress." i smiled.

"and who exactly are we impressing?" she cocked an eyebrow. in response, i shoved her lightly, laughing as i did so.

author's note!

hi everyone! :D
i know it's been a little since i've wrote on this story
but i very excited to see so many people reading my
story! and because of season two coming out, i've decided the book to going be coming to a close very
soon. BUT don't worry, a sequel will be on the way.
but you may be asking, how does the story end?
next chapter will tell all ;)

- savannah <3
( if you get the reference for the chapter name, ily )