↠ N i n e ↞

The Clan Was Uneasy.

Ever since the big reveal of Windflight's 'incident' everyone was watching him like a hawk during patrols.

Doestar had died with an illness that night, Cloudberry wanted to be by her side despite the risk of getting infected. Pineheart had found them both dead the next day. Their vigil as well as Rainfur's was not the same because they were suspected to have the sickness spread. They were buried immediately.

That left Goosfeather as the official medicine cat, Featherpaw was now the only medicine cat apprentice. His brother Sunpaw had already gotten his warrior name which was Sunfall, he's a very skilled tom as he easily swelled up the ranks of the warriors, making him an experienced warrior in a matter of one moon.

The next gathering will be soon, Thrushpaw usually stays behind as his littermates go, during his whole apprenticeship he had only went once.

Moonflower gave him a whole day off to hunt with his littermates. Windflight's punishment was to do apprentice duties and the nursery cleaning till all apprentices were to become warriors, since he does not have any apprentice at the moment. No one knew till today who was the mysterious cat who he shared prey with, no one confessed nor did he tell. So everyone looked at each other like they were enemies. Which is what it shouldn't be..

Everyone's on edge lately..

They were walking along the Thunderpath, making their own little border patrol before heading for the Owl tree to hunt. Tawnypaw was at the lead, and Thrushpaw was at the rear, both protecting their sisters.

"All I'm saying is why we didn't expose Poppydawn to the crimes she has done?" Dapplepaw meowed "She has done something that also broke the code, so why keep her anonymous?"

Specklepaw meowed from behind her "Thrushpaw said that the first time that happened, she was fooled that we were fed. That happened the second time, saying that the apprentices were fed..which we were not."

"That's not an enough reason but look what she is doing now." Tawnypaw added "She's been joining a lot of hunting patrols now, even Pinestar thought she's just wanting to try and find food for us now after finding out we're half starved and most of our bellies are filled with barks and worms..yuck!"

"I still can't believe she believed him though." Thrushpaw admitted "I found out from Adderfang that he lied that he was gonna feed us when he had seen him with the squirrel, so no one thought of visiting Rainfur to ask if she needs herbs to keep her strength."

Dapplepaw grunted "Poppydawn is still the bad cat too in my perspective, right Whitepaw?"

They expected the silent she-cat to meow in agreement, but turns out this one would be different.

Whitepaw shook her head "As much as I want to agree with you Dapplepaw, you should look at it from Poppydawn's perspective too. How would you feel if a tom with mate and kits became too nice to you and shyly offered a piece of prey, prey that was almost nonexistent in the forest might I add, and also lied that he fed cats who are his own kits."

"Bu-"

"She was given special treatment without even knowing it was. If she were to be exposed, then she is going to be punished for something that she did not mean for him to do. He left his mate and kits to starve to feed her, that's father's fault of weight to carry, not her. If you were Poppydawn, would you want to receive the anger of his kits to something you did not know he was doing?"

Dapplepaw was silent, both because of Whitepaw for once not siding with her and her explanation.

Specklepaw was the one to cut the silence with her claw as she playfully nudged the two she-cats "As long as we don't be like Poppydawn or Windflight when we grow up I can say we're all okay, right?"