Chapter 32

Kirsten's POV:

I saw the rooms lights were dimmed, candles on the floor lighting a pathway that was scattered with light pink rose petals. My heart began beating fast. I knew what was going on the second I opened the door, and I could feel a lump in my throat. I wasn't sure how to feel knowing that... that Ashton was at the end of this path. I could just turn around right now and walk straight out the door to book a plane ticket and forget anything had ever happened. But regardless, I knew neither Sierra nor Crystal would let me go that easily. So I pushed down the lump in my throat and said to myself 'let's get this over with'.

I walked the path and made it to a corner, taking a deep breath I took it. And there he was... standing in the living room that was set up with roses everywhere. There was a table behind Ashton with a pink candle dancing in the dimly lit room. I stopped in my tracks, daring not to enter the room completely. Ashton looked very nervous. He stood there, hands in his front pockets, looking at me with wide eyes, probably surprised I actually showed. I stayed silent. I don't think there was any way I could have mentally prepared myself for this. He seemed... the same.

"Kirsten..." he breathed out quietly. I didn't even move. "I don't really know how to uh... how to start. But I heard that you were pretty ready to leave again. A-and I didn't want to let that happen. I know you don't love him, Kirsten. I-I know you don't. I know you love me and I've never loved anyone more in my life than you. And you've said it yourself in the past, we haven't known each other forever. But I want to. I will... if you just give me one last chance. We've been making really rash decisions and it's not right. I... I'm taking a break from everything to be with you. To get to know your ins and outs, your quirks, your likes your dislikes... just everything. Only..... only if you'll stay." He finished, watery eyes, lip quivering as if he would cry the second I opened my mouth. I had a tear roll down my cheek. Even after everything, I believed him. I wholeheartedly believed him. And he was right... I loved him. And seeing all that he's done just for me and to hear how he really feels for me even after everything... it meant more than I could ever ask for.

"Are you... sure you still want us, Ash? I don't want to fight with you anymore... I-I just want everything to be okay between us but we have to start trusting each other, Ashton." I said softly.

"Absolutely, Kirsten. 100%. But I can't be... alone anymore. I know I have the boys and some other people to talk to but it's just not he same without you. I need you in my life. F-for the rest of my life..." he said quietly at the end.

"A-Ash... you don't mean-" I said cautiously.

"No no! Not yet!" He giggled. "But I did get you this..." he reached into his pocket, pulling out a small box. He walked towards me, stopping inches away from me now. "It's a uh... a promise ring. To let you know that I'm serious about this. I got one for myself too." He showed me his hand. A smile crept onto my face. He really was serious about this.

"That's... that's the sweetest thing like... like ever, Ash." I said with a huge smile on my face. "I-I love it. Thank you." Ashton took my hand, sliding the small band onto my finger. "I'll never take it off." I whispered. He looked up at me surprised, smiling.

"Does that mean?..." he trailed off.

"Yes. I'll stay. With you." I smiled. We looked at each other for a second, and in one swift movement he grabbed my waist, picking me up and twirling around. I laughed uncontrollably as he did too. Once he put me down, we had one of our special moments. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've missed these... he kissed me passionately, holding me in his arms. I knew he wasn't going to let me go this time. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

-+-+-+—+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-A/N: Pretty sure this is it guys! I really have no idea where else I could have gone with this 😂

A/N:
Pretty sure this is it guys! I really have no idea where else I could have gone with this 😂. This story was so fun to write in the beginning, but tbh I got very bored of it towards the end. And I really don't want to continue reflecting that in my writing. I really really hope you guys have been enjoying this story's journey! I have two other books that are pretty much finished (granted I can't finish the second one because of personal reasons you can read about in the last chapter). But... yeah! Love you guys and thank you so so much for the support throughout this book!

ALSO if anyone ever needs to talk, don't hesitate to go to my comment board on here! I may not get back to you too quickly, but just know I care and I try my best!

Love you all,
K