Chapter 5

Ashton's POV:

It's Saturday today, but I've been worried sick all night. I couldn't sleep and I for sure couldn't think straight. I knew Kirsten was with her boyfriend last night, the last night he'd be here anyways, but still. He hurt her. He shouldn't have, but he did. And I just... I let her go home to him. I should have made her stay with me for the night and tell her to let him find his own way to the airport. Or I could have gotten her a hotel away from him at least. God, I just hope when she shows up at the venue later she'll be happy and healthy. That's the only thing I'm hoping to God for. Once we got to the venue, Calum pulled out the clothes Kirsten had given us just in case she couldn't make it in time to pick them out prior to the show. It turns out she also gave Luke some eye glitter stuff in case he wanted to use it for the show tonight. He was ecstatic about that.

It turned out, after all of Saturday, that Kirsten had called in sick. At about 1 am, when I got home, I decided to give her a call. Just to see what was up. "Hello?" I heard a whispered voice. I contorted my face with confusion.

"Kirsten? Hey it's, Ashton." I replied.

"A-Ashton? I uh... can you pick me up?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah... of course. What's wrong? You don't sound good." I said beginning to feel uneasy.

"J-Just please c-can you get here. I'll... I'll send you the address." Before I could respond, the line went dead. Shortly after I received a text with her address. I ran and got my shoes on and hopped in my car. In about 10 minutes I got there. It should have been 15, but I was too worried to care about the speed limit at this point. When I arrived, I shot her a text and said I was parked out front. I didn't get a reply, but I saw a light turn on in the building. After a minute, it clicked back off and a door opened. She looked at the car and then hopped in next to me. I locked the door when she closed it.

"Kirsten? Are you alright?" I asked. I looked at her but she wouldn't turn her head to face me.

"Can we just... go to your house please. I-I'll explain there. I just... I don't feel safe here." She said shakily. I nodded and turned the music on low just to fill the silence. She turned her head to the window beside her and just looked outside. I could faintly see her reflection which I kept glancing over at. I didn't need to see her, though, to be able to hear her uneven breaths.

Once we made it to my house, I got out of the car quickly and walked around to open her door. She stepped out, her head down and her hair slightly covering her face. I walked her to the door and opened it, letting the both of us in. She took her shoes off as I followed in suit and then she walked over to the couch and sat down, putting her head in her hands. I sat closely next to her and out a hand comfortingly on her back. "Hey, Kirsten? It's gonna be okay, alright? Can you tell me what happened?" I said softly, rubbing circles on her back. She got her phone out of her pocket and opened it, handing it to me. On it was a text conversation.

 On it was a text conversation

After I read this

After I read this... God, I felt sick to my stomach. "Kirsten, he threatened you! He can't just... how could someone... oh my God..." I said, not being able to form a sentence.

"When you called me... that's when I got the text. I hadn't expected him to ever... threaten me like that. I'm scared, Ashton. I-I know what he's capable of and I couldn't just wait for something to happen. I don't want to drag you into this b-but I don't know anybody else around here, you-" she began rambling but I stopped her, engulfing her into a hug. She was sobbing in my arms and I just held her tight until I felt she was calm and ready to be let go. Even when she was calm, I kept my arms loosely on her waist. She put on hand on my hand and another on my shoulder. "Thank you... I-I don't know what I'd do without someone like you around." She admitted.

"Of course. I'd never let anything happen to you... I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." I said. I meant it to and I knew she could tell.

"Really?" She said sleepily. I could tell she was worn out after a stress induced day. She yawned, her eyes were half closed but she was staying awake. I decided to get up and pick her up bridal-style. "Where are we going?" She asked, resting her head on my shoulder.

"You're going to bed. You look exhausted." I laughed lightly. She nodded absentmindedly. I took her to my room and layer her down on my bed. I went over to my dresser next and grabbed an oversized T-shirt and brought it over to her. "Put this on, I'm gonna go grab you something to drink. I'll be right back." I said to her. She thanked me and then I left to get a water bottle for her. When I returned, she was in my T-shirt and laying down. I smirked and put the bottle on a side table. Grabbed another blanket off of a chair nearby and spread it over her. She was already fast asleep and hugging a pillow. I smiled again and grabbed one of the extra pillows and headed to the living room. I then set up a little sleeping area for myself. I was more than happy that Kirsten was here because I knew she was safe and sound asleep. I smiled to myself as I fell asleep. I'm never going to let anything happen to this girl. She much too important to me. She's much to important to this world.