Out My Mind, Just In Time : part two

Start from the beginning

Lonnie entered the living room before I did and went straight for the olive green easy chair up against the window. Everybody goes there first, but I don't like for anyone to sit there... that's my pops' chair. I came into the room just as his knees were bending to match his height to the level of the cushion. "Don't sit there.!" I spoke quickly, stopping him in his tracks. He looked confused but didn't ask me why. I pointed to the loveseat and he followed my silent direction to the less meaningful resting place.

I sat on the larger couch, and put my legs up. The tv was already on. I usually leave it playing because I want people to always think I'm home... it prevents niggas from plotting on me... especially when I'm out for days at a time. I leave a few lights on too.

You know how BET will play the same movie for a week straight? It'll be like Brown Sugar or Daddy's Little Girls..,Well, this time it's Baby Boy... I done watched this shit three times in the past month yet here I am letting this shit play again. The part where Ving Rhames was licking Jody on his head

was on and it reminded me of this nasty ass nigga I had to live with for a few months as a kid

was on and it reminded me of this nasty ass nigga I had to live with for a few months as a kid. He used to do weird ass shit like that just to piss me off. I was small as fuck back then, but now... If I ever see that mutha fucka on the streets, I'm spazzin' on his ass. I let out a long breath and looked over to the loveseat to see Lonnie already watching me.

"Damn, You got hella tats." I though aloud, looking at his exposed arms.

He nodded.

"They mean sumn?" I asked him while adjusting my position on the couch to face him.

"Nah, not really. I just covering these ugly ass scars wit coo shit."

"Scars? From what, foster care?"

He shook his head. "Didn't end up in the system for more than about a month."

"So you get the from fights or sumn?"

"Yeah. Mostly.."

"You really be fighting that much?" I asked, skeptically.

"Well... I got to. A lot of niggas don't like me cuz of who my family is... since everybody scared of my pops and they know Jah will kill a muh fucka on sight... I'm the one niggas come for. I'm the youngest and I'm usually by myself... I'm a easy target. But it's not usually as bad as what you saw at Cobe pops house. My mind was distracted." I don't know if I believe that he don't get jumped a lot. But then again, if his family is really that bad, I assume he would usually have back up, right?

"Why you be by yaself then if you know niggas be out for you?"

He shrugged his shoulders... "I'm not really a people person." He said nonchalantly. "But my pops always got niggas posted too, so I don't really be ALL alone." He added. I opened my mouth to ask where his pops goons was when he got jumped by Mo's niggas, but he spoke first."Imma have to cover this new one up when it's healed good enough. I seen this dope ass design on google. I gotta see if my mans can do it though." He fingers the scar on the front of his shoulder. "You know the bullet went all the way thru my shoulder? Went through the front came out the back.. missed the bone though.. thank God."