Chapter 11

I glanced out the window to my left. It was still dark out, but it had to have been after midnight.

Here we go, even more sitting around.

Nah.

Too boring.

I got up, threw on some new clothes, then went downstairs, totally ignoring what hour it was.

I opened the back sliding door, then stepped out into the dark, amber-colored grass.

"Where are you, bird?" I shouted.

I called a few more times.

Nothing.

I turned around to go back inside, but something stopped me.

It was that woman again.

Time had stopped, but her and I were still moving.

"Hello again, Kalani." she said.

"Hi..." I replied.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well. But, I'm afraid I'm not here to do small talk, that will be for the future."

"Good, I dont wanna talk to you anyways." I said, going around her and towards the door. I pulled on the handle, only to be knocked backwards by something invisible. "Okay, you know what. This isn't like me to death threaten others, but if you pull something like that again, I will not hesitate to kick your a**!"

"Glad to see your personalities still in check." she replied, a little sassy. "But~ that is beside the point. Our first, if you'd say, time we met, you found that pendant, you have it still, correct?"

"Yeah. If you want it, you can take it. I don't by any means want it."

"Well, that's not really what I'm getting at."

"Then get at whatever you're getting at. I'm tired of all the secrets, the lies, everything."

"Perhaps taking a closer look at it could help end them. If you however wouldn't like my help- well. That's not gonna happen."

"Yeah? Why?"

"We're stuck with each other, get over it."

"Alright, okay. Whatever, I'll go look at your dumb necklace, just to find nothings there."

"We'll see. But otherwise, I wish you the best of luck."

"Yeah, thanks." I replied.

And suddenly, the grass was blowing again, cars were moving in the streets, and everything was back to normal. Like it was supposed to be.

I looked around, totally dumbfounded.

"That's wack." I said to myself.

I moved towards the door, and this time I wasn't knocked back by it. I was able to open it like normal. No pain involved.

I sighed in relief, then began heading towards the stairs.

But something stopped me.

Footsteps.

Yay! More angry mom!

I saw her feet through the railing at the side of the staircase. But, they weren't moving.

And next thing I knew, time was stopped, again.

"I'd get to your room if I were you." said a voice.

I turned around, and on the couch sat the same woman from everywhere.

"Oh. You again. We've really gotta stop meeting this way."

"Indeed we do. Now, would you rather get yelled at by your angry mother again or go upstairs and fake sleep? It's your choice."

"Yeah, I'll go with the second option." I said, running towards, and up the stairs.

I darted up the stairs, past my frozen mom, and to my room. I quickly laid down on my bed, pulled the covers over my head and "slept".

I'm not quite sure how i'm gonna pull this off, considering i'm still wearing my everyday clothes, but I'll trust the process.

A few seconds later, my mom came into my room, looked at me, then left, confused. Very confused.