Seeing Red

Kirishima

I look around me and struggle, my hands tied behind my back. I see Iida trying to intervene but to no avail. I see Mina and Kaminari crying and waving goodbye.

"It was nice knowing him... We're gonna miss you, man!" Kaminari calls out to me with tears in his eyes.

I look out in front of me and see Bakugou and Todoroki glaring at me.

"Did I fucking tell you or what?! Did you seriously think minigolf would make for a good birthday party?!"

"The minigolf would've been fine with me if it were a real party. I can't believe I trusted you not to meddle... some people never learn."

I look out and make brief eye contact with Yaoyorozu before she folds her arms and looks away.

Who am I kidding... I knew this would happen... It's all over...

"LET THE EXECUTION BEGIN!!"

I wake up in a cold sweat still processing my dream. I put my hand over my mouth trying not to scream and wake the others.

Dear God... this has to work...

I look over at my alarm clock.

Well, I was going to wake up in an hour anyway. I might as well get something to eat before the others get up.

I go downstairs and head over to the kitchen. I open the refrigerator and look inside.

"Don't you touch my fucking food. -Bakugou"

I don't want his cheap take out anyway.

I grab the cereal and milk and turn around to make my breakfast when—

"What are you doing?"

"AHH!!"

I almost drop everything on the floor.

"Oh..." I put my hand over my chest, "You scared me! I didn't see you there, Hagakure!"

"Very funny..."

"Ah! I wasn't trying to be funny!"

"Well that makes sense because you weren't funny."

"No, I mean—What are you doing up this early?"

"I wanted first dibs on what's in the refrigerator, but I can see that's not happening, haha."

"Oh, you can have it. I just needed milk."

"Thanks!"

She opens the fridge and goes through it, reading the note left on Bakugou's take out and laughing at it.

"Hey, are you going to Bakugou's party today?" I ask her.

"Maybe."

"Ah... you got other plans?"

"Not really."

"Look, I promise: it's not to set anyone up this time!"

"Oh, I wasn't too worried about that. Besides, I'm already dating Ojiro!"

"Wow! Really? That's awesome!"

"It is, and I want it to stay that way. No offense, but things got a little tense last time and I don't really want to—"

"It's okay, Hagakure. I totally get it. But this party is completely different. I promise."

"...They literally have the same name?"