"I don't love him, mother." I untangle myself from Hayden then sit up in my bed.

She leveled her eyes while shaking her head, then placed her cold hands on my cheek. "It is love, my beloved. You just don't know it. I should have taught you at a young age what it's like to be loved and how to love someone. Preferably, I let your Father brainwash you."

Her crystal hazel eyes begin to form tears as she pulls out a white handkerchief from midair, dabbing her eyes, then it disappears.

"It's okay mom-"

"It's not okay! Look at what you turn out to be a cold-hearted monster. If I were here, I would beat your ass for laying hands on this poor boy. Benette is sick even to teach you that it was okay to put hands on your significant other."

I hung my low like a little boy that just got yelled at. "I'm sorry, Mom, that I turn out this way. You just left us so early, and I had hatred towards you that you would leave us. Leave me."

"Baby, you know I would never leave you." She lifts my chin so that I could look at her again. "But sometimes things happen for a reason. Trust me, every scar I had and every blood that left my system was for you. I wanted to die, but then you came into my life, and I found hope of living again."

"But how did you die?" I interrogate her. She smiles gently at me then takes my hand into hers.

"The truth will come to light, but now do me a favor and love this boy and my grandbabies." I nodded approvingly, and she smiles once more in satisfaction.

My mom stands up from my bed. "Okay, now it's my time to go back before the boss man finds out that I sneak down here to talk to me." She walks away from me, but I capture her hand, ceasing her to stop.

"Will I see you again?" I ask her.

She leans over to kiss the corner of my mouth then runs her thumb across my cheek. "Maybe, but I will save that ass whooping if we do meet again in the future, but now, make me proud and endure the man that I wished I raised." Before I could state anything, she already disappeared with white fog underneath her.

Opening my eyes, I groan when my cellular device starts to ring on my nightstand. I groan under my breath as I retrieve the phone then answer it without looking at the caller ID. 

"Good morning, Majesty. Sorry for calling you at this time of the morning." I turned to my side to glance at my digital clock to consult it was five in the morning. I'm supposed to be up anyway, but that dream kept me sleep.