Chapter 22

"Darryl, please sit down," Vincent begs. "Your pacing is making me dizzy."

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried." He sits down in between Vincent and George, who had once again fallen asleep, this time wrapped in Clay's arms. Darryl's leg begins bouncing with anticipation, so Vincent presses a hand against his thigh to make him stop. Darryl makes an annoyed face at Vincent and removes his hand from his leg.

Vincent cringes as he wipes his hand against his pants. "Darryl, your hands are gross and sweaty."

Darryl nervously laughs and rubs his palms against his shirt, leaving faint streaks of wetness in the dark blue fabric.

"Hey, Dylan?" Clay whispers. "Can you text Floris for me?"

Dylan snorts out a laugh. "Dude why are you whispering?" Clay only responds by tilting his head down to George against his chest. Dylan gags. "You two are gross."

Clay shakes his head and smiles. "You'll understand when you're older."

"So, are you guys going to fuck without hating each other now?" Dylan asks as he begins to write a text to Floris.

"You know what? On second thought, you won't ever understand because I may kill you before you even become an adult."

Dylan laughs. "You wouldn't. You love me too much." He looks back to his phone as it buzzes in his hand. "Floris says that you can meet him in the classroom. He's just teaching kids how to do nerdy tech stuff. Geo will drive."

"Alright, you and I will go meet up with him," Clay decides.

"NO!" Dylan blurts out, startling George awake. George sits up and shuffles in his seat, waiting for Dylan to explain himself. "I don't have a good relationship with some of those teens. Especially Sylvester. She scares me."

"Is there anyone your age who likes you?" George asks.

"Nope," Clay responds before Dylan Can say anything. "He's an asshole."

"But I'm your asshole!" Dylan teases.

Dream stands up and grabs the backpack with his laptop off of the ground, slinging it onto his back. "If you're staying here, please be back home before nine tonight. You don't need to be out by yourself long."

"Whatever dad. I'll be fine. I've got Darryl and Vincent. We will be fine." Dylan gets up from his seat and moves into a seat on the other side of Vincent. "You and 404 should go and have a date on your way to the offices."

"Dylan!" Clay hisses through gritted teeth.

George yawns and rubs his eyes. "Let's just go, Clay." He looks at Vincent. "Text me as soon as you hear about Zak, ok?"

Vincent nods. "I promise, I will."

Clay grabs George's hand and leads him out of the hospital. Once they made it to the parking lot, George pulled his hand away from Clay. "You didn't have to hold my hand like I'm a child. I know not to run my hands on the walls and stuff."

"Am I not allowed to hold your hand?" Clay asks as he pulls his phone out to call Geo.

"No. You can't. You're not allowed." George crosses his arms. "We already talked about this. Nothing will happen between us."

Clay exhales through his nose and rolls his eyes. "Fine. I won't touch you. Sorry for trying to be comforting while your teammate is in the hospital."

"I don't need you to be my shoulder to cry on," George says.

"Right, you just need me to be your shoulder to sleep on!" Clay retorts. He dials Geo's number and he picks up almost immediately. "Hey, are you almost here?"