[ dteam / sbi / trio / friends ] - apocolyptic [1/??]

post apoc aus are epic sorry i dont make the rules
first time trying out first person dont roast me if im bad
also implied shipping ((sapnotfound dreamnoblade skephalo others im too lazy to put lol))
idk ill probably make it less subtle if i do another chap of this

.
--dreams pov.
.

"Fucking hell, George! Are you an idiot?" "No, you're the idiot! How the fuck did you even manage to break your arm in the first place?!"

My best friends have been arguing with one another for over an hour by now. It was funny at first, but now I'm just getting anxious over what things might have heard us. 

Wait, you probably don't understand a word of what I'm saying right now.

Uh, I guess I'll try to recount it from the beginning then.

About 5 months ago, there was a major pandemic- actually, I shouldn't even call it a pandemic. It was honestly more of a breakout, of some sort of odd disease that there wasn't a cure to. It was contained at first, but..

People started dying. In masses. And this accounted for.. lots, and lots of bodies. It was concerning, but the governments turned a blind eye to the suffering.

I don't even remember where it all went downhill. I wanna say, maybe early August? It was before my birthday, I know that much. It's been a while, a month or so since the apocolypse started.

There's mutated beings lurking around every corner. Survivors of the pandemic are scarce, and most times they're at the brink of death, begging for someone to kill them before they turn into a lurker.

That's what we've- George, Sapnap and I-coined the odd, human-like but not quite so beings. Their features are elongated, stretched in an unnatural and uncanny way. It's like a mannequin, just.. not quite. Not really alive, but not dead, either. Skin and bone, the lurkers are a sight to behold. I had the misfortune of seeing a lurker feed.. it's not something you'd expect from your typical "zombie", no. It really isn't.

Lurkers tear through fucking flesh with their teeth. Those canines contract and sink into their victim's flesh, tearing out chunks of dead meat and hurking it down like some sort of twisted Thanksgivings dinner. They're hard to kill, too. A round or two of bullets would hardly be enough to keep down a lurker, which is why we tend to not use guns on them. They're not the only mob around to keep an eye out for, but they're the most common and the most feared.

Anyways, that brings us back to.. whatever the hell kinda mess my friends are making right now.

"Dream, did you space out for a sec there?" "Oh yeah, I kinda just fell asleep to your arguing," I quipped back, sticking my tongue out at the older male. "Bitch-" "He has a point, you know. Maybe if you weren't stressing out so much-" "I worry about you guys, ok?" "Yeah, but there's no need to. We'll be fine, George. You don't have to try to protect us all the time." 

Huh. This is like watching a romance comedy show, except everyone could die at any moment.

Nice.

Standing up, I stretch a bit to relieve the pain of sitting on my knees all day. "Sorry to interrupt, but if you two are done bickering like a married couple.." Making a motion with my hand, I mouth at my best friends, who's attention is now focused on me, despite the last mocking comment I made of them.

"Time to go explore."

--

It's been about 3 hours, and George and Sapnap have not stopped fighting.

Why me.

"Oh Georgie~" "GO AWAY!" "C'mERE GEORGIE-" "NO, WHAT THE HECK!" 

I'd scream at them and tell them to shut up, but then again, I have no excuses to use for screaming.