six

❝𝘪 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺❞

                HER SAPPHIRE IRISES glanced up at the figure that had asked her the question

HER SAPPHIRE IRISES glanced up at the figure that had asked her the question. Honestly, she hadn't expected to see Finn, from school, to be stood there looking at her with a pearly white smile awaiting her reply. He wasn't in his usual catwalk style but he still managed to look very cool, she reckons he could wear anything and pull it off effortlessly. Her ringed hands were holding tightly onto the edge of the bench, he'd noticed it and how she looked slightly dishevelled.

"No, I'm just shivering for no reason," She answered back, sarcastically. He laughed, it wasn't really supposed to be funny but she'd take it and run with it. People really knew how to make her think she was the next best Russel Howard with the amount they laughed at her in school; usually, she would be offended, people laughing at you isn't something that would be considered a compliment but to her it was. That was probably very weird.

She had shivered a few times whilst being sat where she was, the cold breeze nipped at her skin bitterly every few gusts. She only had herself to blame for that though. "You know, walking around would help you feel less cold," He shrugged back, still with that smile on his face. Lennon was pretty sure she'd never seen him with any other expression other than having his teeth on display. Not that she was complaining, he had a nice smile.

In response to what she had said she gasped just as sarcastically as the first words she uttered to him "God, thank you for enlightening me, I never knew that," She spoke in the same tone her hand placed dramatically on the left side of her chest. Realistically, she knew she sounded like a bitch but she really wasn't in the best of moods right now considering her father had gone off the rails in disappointment with her.

Finn laughed again, was he seriously not thinking she was the rudest person he'd ever met? Because she was and the words were leaving her mouth. "Honestly, no problem there's not many people who know that actually," He joked back and it made Lennon want to smile, but she refrained from doing so, she had to keep her moody exterior up until she was left completely alone.

"Well, thank you for sharing that very vital information, I'll be using it from now on," Lennon continued the joke. Finn hadn't moved from the standing position he arrived in and it didn't seem like he was going to; he seemed rather content exactly where he was, which was fine, it was just kind of awkward.

"Do you want to walk with me?" He offered sweetly. Lennon looked up at him properly, he seemed more awkward now, his hand was moving up and down his long neck as he shifted his weight from foot to foot. It was a sweet offer but sadly she'd probably have to decline. She didn't want to get involved with him and dampen his mood, he seemed like a genuinely happy guy and if he intertwined his being with hers, he wouldn't be.

It wasn't that Lennon disliked human contact, she just didn't want it. Her life was complicated in more ways than one and she didn't want him getting involved with that. She had issues with society and wasn't afraid to address them, she was quite the potty mouth and stood up for what she believed in and when necessary she could get violent. She didn't want to but she could.