Something New.

Zaren's POV

I watched as Axelir left the room, I looked at Lexi who seemed just as confused as I. I couldn't exactly blame Axelir his never been one with words. He couldn't tell her she looked more beautiful than some royals back at home.

I looked back at her confused faces and smiled, she looked adorable. I moved closer to her and grabbed her hand, I gave it a small squeeze, looking into her eyes, hoping it would be enough compensation for the lack of words.

I could feel Axelir's mind-link, he wanted me to give her the Nacrin gas, we where twenty minutes away from landing. I took one last look at her and stepped to the control desk, I clicked some buttons that expelled a light amount of Nacrin into the room, it was light enough to knock out a human but not a Lyrnxian.

I saw her slowly fall asleep, she looked at me with a slightly confused look in her eyes. I looked away from her, I shouldn't be feeling anything towards her, she was a human and she belonged to the King.

I had no idea what he would do with her, but he is a good King and I trust no harm to come to her.

I looked back at her, she was already in a deep sleep. I quietly left the room and made it back to the control station.

I looked at where Axelir sat, he purposefully avoided my gaze, I knew he wouldn't say it out but he was attached to Lexi.

Axelir's POV

We had arrived at the harbor, Zaren left to get our stuff. He hadn't talked to me since he came back from putting Lexi to sleep. I wanted to comfort him and tell him she would be alright, Zaren was only two years younger than me, but he was smart.

He knew well enough that we didn't know what would happen to her once we hand her over to the king, I put all my trust in the King, He was a good man.

We landed our ship and Zaren had come back with our stuff, he ran a diagnosis check on the ship.

I quietly let and went to the preparation room to get Lexi, I had to remind Zaren to not call her by her name once we where out of the ship.

I opened the door and saw her sleeping soundly on a sit, I shifted her braids from her eyes and stared at her, I had a sickening feeling in my stomach thinking about giving her to the king. I remembered how I had purposefully avoided Zaren's gaze when he came into the control room.

I came out of my thoughts and picked her up, I carried her the usual bridal style. I went over to the drop-out latch, I saw Zaren their with our stuff, he took a look at me and shifted his gaze to Lexi, he looked.....sad.

I took a last look at her, I wondered what she had done to make us attached to her. Zaren shifted his eyes from her and out the window, I came closer and saw the royal soldiers standing in front of our ship.

They were already here to pick her up, we wouldn't be able to see her when she wakes up, that was why Zaren looked so sad, we wont be able to tell her goodbye.

I opened the latch and watched as the stairs came to view, I stepped out with her in my arms, and Zaren was followed quietly beside me. A soldier moved forward and stretched out his arms to take her, I put her in his hands, he took a look at her and looked amused, any Lyrnxian who saw her would have the same expression.

She was ''different'' from the others, not just her skin, everything about her was different.

The soldier regained his composure, he looked at us and nodded. He turned his back and headed into the Hovercraft they had brought with them.