11

Josh's POV

We checked out the hotel about 10.45 and started heading back towards the city and planned to stop for food at a service station.

Maya hooked up her phone with the car and sang her heart out.

I decided to break the ice and hit a pause on the music.

"We gotta talk." I said seriously.

"I was afraid of that." She chuckled.

"Last night was fun Maya, but-"

"In the state of New York a sixteen year old can legally date a nineteen year old." She interrupted.

"You really want to get all these weird looks from everyone?" I asked her honestly.

"I want to be with you. I don't care what anyone else thinks. What if we just hang out more? Sneak in kisses, 'cause I really like kissing you." She smiled.

"So you basically want to date in secret?" I asked her apprehensively, unsure of how she was going to react.

"Yes." She bit her lip, obviously worried how I was going to react.

"Okay. We can see how it goes, but, if it is too hard or uncomfortable for one of us, we let the other know and we talk it out and discuss options." I said. I

"That's fair. But does this mean you're my boyfriend." She smiled up at me.

"I'm all yours gorgeous." She smiled.

"I'd kiss you if you weren't driving." She replied and chuckled, putting the music back on. She pressed shuffle on her 'guilty pleasures' playlist and They Don't Know About Us by One Direction came on and we both chuckled and sang along.

"I can't tell Riley." She whispered. "I know she won't be able to keep it to herself and Lucas and Farkle will get very over protective and talk me, and you, out of this."

"That's okay." I nodded understandingly and started singing along which made her smile and join in.

________

2 hours into the drive we decided to stop at a McDonald's to grab some food, since we're fancy like that.

I got a burger, Maya got nuggets and we both got milkshakes.

We pulled over into a lay-by type place to eat. None of us really saying anything, just scoffing our food 'cause we were both really hungry and hadn't ate since last night.

"How's your food?" She asked.

"Good, yours?"

"Good too." She smiled and kept eating.

There was something different about Maya from every other girl but I couldn't pin point what.

I enjoy spending time with her more than anyone else in the world 'cause she gets me in a way nobody else can. Not Cory, not Eric, not Morgan, not my parents, not even my friends. Just her, and only her.

I'd like to think she felt the same but I can almost guarantee my niece has that spot pretty secure. Maybe not now we're secretly together, and closer than we've ever been before.