~ I Love You ~

Please vote and comment❤️

Nine months later

Delhi, India

Nandini's pov

The two and a half months that has passed have been a headache for me as well as for Manik. Why? Because our companies jointly were involved in a one time limited partnership with another MNC. Now, we both being in the marketing departments and on top of that being team leaders had to give in our everything to our works. Yeah! That's the disadvantage of being at a good managerial position in a renowned firm like ours.

The whole partnership was divided into 3 legs out of which 2 were in London and Manchester respectively and the third one was here in Delhi. Can you believe my hard luck that even after being with Manik in his country we weren't able to have some time together? How would you believe because I, myself, wasn't able to.

The most difficult part of our love story...no no I should rephrase, the most adventurous part of our story, which gave those 'Heer- Ranjha' level problem vibes was this. The 4 hour 30 minutes lag between our times. Sometimes I think this time difference is that 'troublesome Ex' in our story because the actual ex is quite sweet and sugary with me. We do have a cordial relationship.

So, continuing my terrible tale, the last leg of the partnership had commenced three weeks ago, in Delhi. This meant, Manik had travelled to my city for the first time after my surprise visit to him. Ahh!!! That trip of mine. It gives me jitters all over again. It was our Fist Kiss and the most memorable one. I can not forget Manik's blushy face after he had realized that he made other 60 strangers a part of our special moment.

Anyway, these memories are all what I have got to satisfy my romantic cravings. My idiot of a boyfriend, who is sitting beside me right now, is so engrossed with his colleagues that he has literally forgotten he has his girlfriend too with him. No, I am not that over demanding type of girlfriend but after working my ass off for a project and in true sense, having spent no ‘us- time’ with my boyfriend all what I need is just him and I locked up in a room for atleast two days.

No no, don't get your naughty minds working, I just want to relax have food with him while I gossip and bitch about people and then maybe have a drink or two with him while we watch stars. And then, if we're lucky, maybe complete the sleep lapse that we have faced. That's what I mean when I say spending some quality time.

I think of taking my chances. From under the table, hidden from the people around us, I move my free hand to entwine my fingers with his as I scoot in closer to him. Manik who earlier was engrossed in talking to Samar, our colleague, stopped for a while, gave me a glance and then went back to talking as if nothing happened. Gosh!!! Someone give this idiot a romantic brain.

Okay okay, let's give it one more try. My hand which was tangled with his, I move it up to his lower arms, making circles and writing ‘I ♡ U’ on it. I feel him squirm a little. Yes!! Something is happening finally. He leans down to my level and whispers “Nandu, it isn't the time for tickling me yaar. You know how easily I feel ticklish”, What. The. Hell. Seriously Manik?? If there had not been so many people surrounding us, I would have punched this man in the face, but but but...again my hard luck.

I am so off mood now that I don't even want to sit here. “Excuse me guys, I really have a bad headache”, I don't want to see this man's face right now. “Nandu are you okay?”, Manik asked looking at me. “Yeah yeah!!! You spend time with your colleagues”, I speak with sarcasm dripping from my words, but look at the audacity of this person, he asks me to take a pill and go to sleep. Arghhh!!!! You come back home Manik Malhotra. I am not going to spare you.