~ 3 ~

Holaa!! I hope it isn't crap. Well it may not be upto the mark because when you rewrite a chapter that you had written in three months in three days, it does happen. I'll try editing it when I get time.

~~~~~

Broken. Distraught. Hopeless.

That's all what can sum up my condition right now. After coming to my room, I have been a crying mess. It hurts so bad. Above all, I don't know why it hurts so bad. He was just a crush and nothing more, or was he something more?

I can feel tears rolling down my eyes. Even if I try my best to stop them I am not able to. Why all this ache? He...he was a...crush...right?...Chuck it Nandu, you know he was more. He was always more than a crush. I never accepted it in school and was able to make myself believe that I am just attracted to him but now no more.

In the past 10 years no one has been able to effect me in the way he has. His gaze, his voice, his eyes, his lips, his laugh and his touch. His everything affects me. No one will ever be able to have this lingering effect on me. And that's why it hurts more than what I can bear.

It is my fault. It is my foolishness that I believed that Manik will have feelings for someone like me. Ha! I am no one in front of him. Look at him. He is smart. He is handsome. He is successfully. He is... everything a girl needs. He would have so many girls drooling over him and out of them why will he ever choose me.

You know, this picture of a beautiful blonde wearing that blue dress is etched in my mind. She would look ten times more beautiful than me in it. She and Manik would make a perfect pair, unlike me and him. God!! I need a distraction for myself else I will go insane.

Just as I was thinking someone rang the doorbell. Who is it now? I am not expecting anyone. My eyes look at my reflection in the mirror and believe me even I am scared of myself. I look horrible. If I go like this then I will definitely scare that person away. Anyway I settle myself a bit and then move to open the door.

"The asian...", goodness the whole gang is here. "Martha Karen Andrew? What are you guys doing here?", did I forget something?. "What happened girl? You look so unsettled", damn do I feel hot tears down my cheeks? Again? Have you seen the flow of water when the dam breaks? My words as well as my tears were like that. I tell them everything, everything from our school days to the heartbreak.

Currently, I have just completed my sad story and am sitting in my bed with a box of tissues in my lap whereas everyone is huddled around me. "Nandini baby, fuck that man you look for someone else. He is really giving you mixed signals. At one time he is holding your hand and at the other he is saying someone special. Huhh split personality.", Karen is literally cursing Manik in front of me.

"No...Karen...Manik is not like that. It's me who mistook his friendliness for flirt", why the hell am I still proving him right. "Aww my poor girl. You're so whipped", Martha hugged me. Yes, maybe I am. "Anyway why were you guys here?", I wipe away my tears and ask. "Well we thought we are carrying good news with us but hearing you out I think we are carrying a disaster", what is that supposed to mean?

Their faces twisted and turned as if trying to encourage each other. I guess they chose Martha to talk ahead , "That asian boy, he came to the reception and wanted this to be delivered to you", Martha forwarded me a bag. So my eyes are moving from staring at the bag to staring at the faces of these people standing like Zombies in front of me while I am thinking what must Manik have sent me.

"Can you take it out and show me?", I ask Martha because I am sure that whatever is inside this bag will give me a heart attack. Either from happiness or from sorrow. My eyes are plugged at Martha's hand and my heart is thumping inside my ribcage. God knows what has he sent? Is it a picture of him and his girlfriend? Or is it a letter saying I am a fool to have believed him?