~ Will You Marry Me? ~

Please vote and comment ❤️

Seven months later

Manchester, United Kingdom

Manik's pov

“Nandini yaaarrr...kitna time aur?”, I screamed for the 100th time. Usually, Nandini doesn't take more than five minutes to get dressed but today, she is standing in front of the wadrobe from past one hour. She takes out a dress, tries it, spends 10 minutes looking at herself in the mirror from every possible angle, stares at her  look until it becomes ugly and then finally decides she looks the ugliest in this. This has been the cycle since god knows when.

No, it's nothing special, I am just taking her to liverpool to meet my family. I don't understand what's so nerve wrecking in this. “Manik...nothing is looking good on me”, she whines. The pink dress that she is currently wearing is making her look like a small fairy. My small fairy, but I don't know why she isn't able to see it. “Nandu it's looking nice baba”, I repeat the sentence.

“Haww!! You are blind Manik”, and now if I don't say this she will say you never appreciate me Manik. What am I supposed to say ab? Want a demo? “Actually yes! It's looking ugly”, the speed which she turned. She definitely ran ahead the speed of light. “You Manik...you never appreciate me”, see!! Why can't she wear a normal shirt and jeans like I am wearing?

“Arghhh!!!”, Nandini threw the dress she was holding in her hands, which I believe, was quite expensive

“Arghhh!!!”, Nandini threw the dress she was holding in her hands, which I believe, was quite expensive. It is now lying on the floor. She slumped down beside me on the bed, with her head in the mesh of her hands. “What happened baby?”, I asked as I wrap my arms around her shoulders. “What is in the dress jaan? It's all in you okay. I know my jaan can very easily charm my family with her simplicity and strength”.

Wow!!! Did I say all this? Really? Where did all this come from? I can be this romantic? Seriously? “Manik...”, I look at Nandini and she is staring at me with tear filled eyes. Uh oh! I guess I wasn't that good. I really shouldn't try being romantic and all it doesn't suit...even before I could finish, I feel Nandini's arms around my neck and her face in my crook. Ohkayyy!!!! Sorry I take back all what I said.

“Still I need something to wear right”, and it's back. When will she understand!!!! “Okay fine! I'll choose an outfit for you and you will wear it WITHOUT overthinking”, she giggles but then agrees. Okay Manik now that you have said you will choose, please apni izzat bachana aur accha choose karna. “Done!”, she sits back and pushed me towards her wadrobe.

Honestly, I have a more coloured wadrobe than her. All the clothes in here are mostly black and blue. It's a sea of blue and black, but then this is her and I am not going to let her potray herself as someone who is not her. I saw a plain black sweater hanging at the farther end of the wadrobe. I can pair it with blue jeans and it will be done. “Wear this”, I pass her my choosen outfit.